OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mouth call storage

Started by DirtNap647, March 18, 2014, 06:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier2

I got the primos call case that holds up to 8 mouth calls really great can wear it around your neck or strap it to you thigh. I also like it has magnets to keep it closed no noise and they keep them nice and secure with plenty of breatheability for about 10 bucks. Hard to beat.

Green Trumpeter

I just leave them in the plastic case and either throw them in my pocket or in my vest.

DirtNap647

Quote from: NC_10 on March 18, 2014, 08:28:45 PM

This is my favorite. I have used a empty smokeless tobacco can too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what is this called looks interesting or where to buy

NC_10

The Double Deuce Diaphragm Pack by hunters specialties. It only holds two calls though. The one i have actually hold 5 i think but i have been unable to find who manufactured it is actually a elk diaphragm holder but same design as this one + camo. I like these caddies they allow your call to breathe and dry between hunting setups and hang around your neck. No more cracked plastic cases in your pocket or calls sliding out of your pocket and getting lost.

GOOSESLAYER

Best I've found
Penn's Woods Call Carry All
Model CC89

NC_10

Quote from: GOOSESLAYER on March 18, 2014, 09:59:06 PM
Best I've found
Penn's Woods Call Carry All
Model CC89

Awesome just found my next gear purchase for this season.

wally243

bamagtrdude

Quote from: wally243 on March 19, 2014, 07:18:39 AM
Empty Skoal tin here.

+1; I camo taped it up, and drilled vent holes in the top & bottom to let air get to the calls.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

tomtaker123

Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on March 18, 2014, 10:56:04 AM
Empty Grizzly snuff can.

this.. or my hat that has a small mesh pocket on the brim for mouth calls. usually my go to call in my hat pocket, and 4 o 5 other ones in the old cope can
"speak the language"

BowBendr

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 19, 2014, 07:54:25 AM
Quote from: wally243 on March 19, 2014, 07:18:39 AM
Empty Skoal tin here.

+1; I camo taped it up, and drilled vent holes in the top & bottom to let air get to the calls.

Same here, works great !

eddie234

I normally carry 7 or so mouth calls in a call wallet, like the one primos makes. I use it to store the calls in the fridge in the off season as well. During the hunt I'll take a dry call out of the call wallet and use it, after use I'll put a reed seperator between the reeds and put it in my hs strut call pouch. It has seperate pockets and is breathable. After the hunt I'll wash the used calls dry them and after they are completely dry ill put a little talcum powder on the reeds and put them back with the dry calls in the call wallet.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

bamagtrdude

Quote from: eddie234 on March 19, 2014, 01:54:34 PM
I normally carry 7 or so mouth calls in a call wallet, like the one primos makes.

Hey eddie234, where'd you get all those Primos plastic separators?  2 came with one of their calls, but I'd like to get some more.  Let me know!  Thx, BGD
---

Illini Tom

a couple things that work great for reed separators are the prongs off a plastic fork or plastic coated paper clips  :icon_thumright:

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Illini Tom on March 19, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
a couple things that work great for reed separators are the prongs off a plastic fork or plastic coated paper clips  :icon_thumright:

Great idea!!  Thx man!
---

eddie234

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 19, 2014, 02:15:43 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on March 19, 2014, 01:54:34 PM
I normally carry 7 or so mouth calls in a call wallet, like the one primos makes.

Hey eddie234, where'd you get all those Primos plastic separators?  2 came with one of their calls, but I'd like to get some more.  Let me know!  Thx, BGD
I do believe I ordered them from Midwest turkey supply.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk