turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mouth call storage

Started by DirtNap647, March 18, 2014, 06:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

what do you guys keep your mouth calls while in the field  do they make a case or anything

stone road turkey calls

I don't use them anymore, but i kept them in a prescription bottle with a little scope mouth wash.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

maytom

Think Quaker Boy might still make them, as well as Knight & Hale......sort of like a snuff box. comes with a small piece of foam, all you do is pour some Scope mouth wash onto the foam, and it keeps them fresh and from drying out. I keep the can in the fridge too.

Crappiepro

I got a little 5 slot white plastic case, I got it from Wal-mart several years back. I think its called H.S.Strut 5pk Mouth Call case.
When I store them, I've always left them dry and then before/during season I'll use mouth wash to rinse them at the end of the day. I still get a sore throat though. Might have to try something stronger to wash them in.

MouthCaller

Bought a multi pack few years back and it has enough room to carry 5-8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ncturkey

I got four of the change case that primos makes. I have the one Quaker Boy sells that holds ten yelpers.

woodsman1977

When using mouthwash to clean/rince your mouthcalls, buy the alchohol free kind. The alchohol degrades the latex over time.....if you do use regular listerine, rinse with cold water and let dry.

Gooserbat

I personally like to toothpick the reeds and let them dry in some sort of open air case.  The Primos case or the tethered call pocket on my Tactical Tater work great. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

goblr77

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 18, 2014, 10:29:05 AM
I personally like to toothpick the reeds and let them dry in some sort of open air case.  The Primos case or the tethered call pocket on my Tactical Tater work great.

Same here.

BHMTitan

I use one of the rubber squeeze coin holders; holds 3 or 4 mouth calls easily.

appalachianstruttstopper

Turkey Trot

Someone should make a call wallet that holds the plastic jewel case with the call inside it rather than just the call.

The Primos Hook Hunter case is close to being right for me, but it won't take the plastic jewel boxes.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/733268/primos-hook-hunter-mouth-call-case
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Illini Tom

i've used a primos "no-lose" pouch, snap-top coin purse style for quite awhile
lost too many calls using the hs strut mouth call holder

jblackburn

usually in the snap case they come in and in my pocket with a toothpick between the reeds
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NC_10

This is my favorite. I have used a empty smokeless tobacco can too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk