turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you think???

Started by stick bow, March 14, 2011, 04:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick bow

Alright,  I've been having problems with my 870 express trying to get it to pattern. Gave up on it been wanting a new gun any way so picked up a 870 camo'ed supermag. Went and patterned it today at 41 yds (how the truck got parked) with an IC .665 BAM on the money.  :groupwave: Tried a Jellyhead .665 opened up some. .660 Jellyhead would be the way to go. Above shots were with Win. extended range 3" #6's, and Hevi mag blends that did very well in 3 1/2". The surprise was the Winchester supremes  3" #6's, 39 hits in the head and neck and 242 in 10" circle.  The tightest pattarn of the three shells.

This is where it gets strange. I decided to try the Undertaker tube out and it won't fit. It will not go in the barrel to be screwed in. I'm checking the barrel out everything looks fine try it again no go. I get home try it in the 870 express and my 11-87 fits fine but will not go in the supermag any ideas on that one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nyhunter

Do the other 2 choke's fit the old 870? Do they screw back into the SM? I'm wondering if your thread's got some "dirt, powder fowling, gunk" in them.

stick bow

The other two chokes go in and out of the other guns fine along with the undertaker. The undertaker just won't fit down into the Supermag. I'm going to find my micrometer and measure the diameter of the supermag muzzle.