turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 with 3" #5 Longbeards

Started by PEHunter, March 16, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEHunter

Shot these yesterday. Picture has all the details. I also shot them through a .690 Madmax and and got a good pattern as well.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

devin4484

was the #'s down in the .690 mad max?

PEHunter

I didn't count that one, but there is very little difference in them. I wouldn't have a problem using either choke

PEHunter

I went back and counted the pattern shot with the MadMax after you asked. The pellet  count is the same, but it doesn't look as uniform as pattern shot with the Kicks. All the details are on the photo.

d.winsor

I'd choke her down a little bit, longbeards can do so much more than that.  I don't know how the chokes sizes in the 835 run. I think they run in larger choke sizes for the same effect, but I have an SX3 and use a .665 choke, 870's run good with that choke also, I have 2 of them.  When I patterned the SX3 Longbeard #5 pattern was so tight at 40 yards I am afraid to hunt with them.  I don't want to buy a more open choke right now or I would use the LB's.  For now I will stick with Winchester Supreme High Velocity #5's.  Good Luck

alclark2

I just bought some LB 5s today. I can't WAIT to shoot them through my 835 with my IC .675  :z-guntootsmiley:
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

DirtNap647

Tbrom

Almost the exact #s I got out of the factory 695 with LB 3' #5, 24" 835. Did your shell hulls seem to be melted after you shot?

PEHunter

I didn't notice anything funny about the hull other than the crimp, and I haven't really examined it yet.

Also, I do have mossberg ulti-full non-ported choke that I want to try just to see how they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk