turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Those of you shooting red dots

Started by MouthCaller, March 16, 2014, 07:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Are you squeezing the trigger like a deer rifle or are you just letting her fly when the dot is on the mark?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BowBendr

I've had trigger jobs done on all my turkey guns. Red dot where I want it, squeeze it like a rifle...

sugarray

Quote from: BowBendr on March 16, 2014, 07:58:29 PM
I've had trigger jobs done on all my turkey guns. Red dot where I want it, squeeze it like a rifle...

:icon_thumright:

suburbhunter

No trigger job on mine yet but I still squeeze.  :fud:

big muddy cruiser

Put the dot on his head and the her bark. Dont really remember pulling the trigger. :z-guntootsmiley:

drum817

Red dot or open sights.....squeeze the trigger like a rifle.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Skeeterbait

When sighting I squeeze slowly enough for the gun to take me by surprise.  In the field, I squeeze thru when I want to send it.  The secret to field shooting is to train the brain and hand to isolate the index finger and move it alone in a smooth motion without moving the other muscles of the hand.  This like most any trained skill is learned thru repetition to create muscle memory.

trackerbucky

Quote from: drum817 on March 16, 2014, 08:55:49 PM
Red dot or open sights.....squeeze the trigger like a rifle.

^^^ This.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

silvestris

Prefer to squeeze; have snap shot.  Same result.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Bigspurs68

My girls both use a red dot. With them the squeeze can take too long and allow birds to move as they shoot. I have them apply pressure just before the shot and deliberately "break" the trigger when I say to. They are very young and have been very successful doing it that way. It's basically the same way I do with rifle sights on birds. If they are in your lap, aim small..miss small.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

bmhern

Red dots, scopes, or open sights, squeeze just like shooting a rifle.

DirtNap647

Quote from: bmhern on March 17, 2014, 09:24:08 PM
Red dots, scopes, or open sights, squeeze just like shooting a rifle.
x2

Stoner

I don't think about it I just kill it.

turkey_picker

Aim, squeeze, bang, flop flop flop  :icon_thumright: