OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many people do you take?

Started by birdyhunter, March 16, 2014, 04:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Frank G

Other then the 4 to 5 times taking a youth out  :icon_thumright:, generally by myself.

Frank G  In Tennessee

Gobblerjim

Quote from: redarrow on March 16, 2014, 06:05:09 PM
99 % of the time it is just me.I prefer to hunt alone.Occasionally I will hunt with one other person.
Same here. In south Florida it's hard to trust anyone with public hunting spots. I got one buddy and his dad I sometimes go with.

Tail Feathers

Man ya'll have more hunting property and time than me! :o

I take a good friend every year but this year I'll be adding two very special guests to my turkey hunting, my grandsons.   :happy0064:
I got a 20 gauge ready for them and I think I'm more excited about it than they are. :laugh:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WV TURKEY THUG

i never take anyone dont want to reveal my spots but i will take a youth if they want to go. well i take one person every now and then thats only because he is a good friend and knows how to keep his mouth shut about my locations. if someone asked me were i got my bird i will just say the county thats all.

budtripp

I like taking people hunting. Problem is I only have one buddy who's as hardcore as me and reliable.  Everyone else always backs out or finds some reason they can't go. Its gotten to the point where I don't even offer anymore.  My boy is 4 now so it'll still be a few years until he joins me but I may try and drag my old man out a time or 2 this year.

longbeard11

I hunt with all my buddies filming, make a few out of state trips to hunt with other buddies, take a youth or two then take my wife too.  I would say that through the entire season I will hunt with anywhere from 4-12 people. 

This year I am going to VA to kick things off, will be hunting with 2 buddies there.  Then back to WV to take a youth and hunt with his uncle while filming so thats another 2, Got a guy coming in in May to hunt with me, 1, Taking my wife opening weekend, 1, And have trips planned already with about 5 other guys that I will be taking.  So total that and it will be at least 11 this spring if not more. 

Definitely will be hopping around to some different farms and some public land to make it happen this year and bag some birds Lord willing.  Very excited to kick things off.  There is just nothing like having someone there with you in the Turkey woods to share that experience with!! I was blessed to be able to call in my buddies first bird last year and capture it all on film, and I wouldnt have traded that hunt for anything, it was just awesome and thats what its all about!

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: longbeard11 on March 17, 2014, 12:23:11 PM
I hunt with all my buddies filming, make a few out of state trips to hunt with other buddies, take a youth or two then take my wife too.  I would say that through the entire season I will hunt with anywhere from 4-12 people. 

This year I am going to VA to kick things off, will be hunting with 2 buddies there.  Then back to WV to take a youth and hunt with his uncle while filming so thats another 2, Got a guy coming in in May to hunt with me, 1, Taking my wife opening weekend, 1, And have trips planned already with about 5 other guys that I will be taking.  So total that and it will be at least 11 this spring if not more. 

Definitely will be hopping around to some different farms and some public land to make it happen this year and bag some birds Lord willing.  Very excited to kick things off.  There is just nothing like having someone there with you in the Turkey woods to share that experience with!! I was blessed to be able to call in my buddies first bird last year and capture it all on film, and I wouldnt have traded that hunt for anything, it was just awesome and thats what its all about!
hmm u remind me of a guy on wvsportsman lol good luck this year

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

paintbrush

The last few years 4 to 6. Once I'm done with my tags, I'll take other people out so I can prelong my fix on this thing called turkey hunting! ;D
Will take out my son, grandson, and a few close freinds and try to help them fill out their tags.

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

datrip

2 or 3 but will probably do more solo hunting this year than I ever have
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

kevin2

3 on my list this year. BOth of my kids & another teenager. Should be fun.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bamagtrdude

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)