turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many people do you take?

Started by birdyhunter, March 16, 2014, 04:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

How many people a year do you take turkey hunting? My list is long and leaves very few days of solo hunting. Between family, friends and the little bit of guiding that I do for a local outfitter, this year i will be taking a total of 12. My wife, dad, brother, two brother in laws, cousin, did a youth hunt, family friend and 4 clients. Some of these will go multiple times so I'm guessing ill get to hunt for myself about 4-6 times this year. Thankfully I knocked one down opening morning  so all I need is one more. Might be a talk order to fill with all the other hunts I have going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

turkey_slayer

I hunt with 8 diff people. I still get to spend several days by myself especially out of state. A buddy will be going to Ohio with me but we will split up

turkeyfoot

Usually 4 throughout season but only 2 on regular basis I get several solo days especially when I go out of state. Not lot diehard turkey hunters around here plus lack of close land to hunt keeps some of people I know from going more

VA_Birdhunter

7 or 8 for me but could be higher just depends.  I enjoy taking others turkey hunting especailly the ones thats never turkey hunted before.  I've also called in several birds to watch a new hunter take his first long beards....I look forward to taking my little boy this year on his first turkey hunt!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

redarrow

99 % of the time it is just me.I prefer to hunt alone.Occasionally I will hunt with one other person.

silvestris

The old man who started me said you don't have any friends if you are a turkey hunter.  I have tried my best to follow his advice.  The question that begs an answer is, "where are you gonna put them all"?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tomstopper

Quote from: redarrow on March 16, 2014, 06:05:09 PM
99 % of the time it is just me.I prefer to hunt alone.Occasionally I will hunt with one other person.
^^^This unless its a kid. I will take any kid that's interested...

suburbhunter

Since the youth season starts earlier than the regular season, I like taking a youth hunter. Then I'll concentrate on taking care of myself since I hunt solo most of the time anyway. After I take a bird or if I'm lucky enough to tag out, (2) birds, Ill take whoever wants to go. Usually between 2-4 people throughout the season.

Hootin-N-Hammer

I usually hunt with 5 of my hunting buddies. I usually prefer hunting alone but sometimes it helps out having an extra caller with you.

gobbler777

I guide so I average about 20 hunters per MD season (I could book more but elect not to). The rest of the season is for me, kids or friends that I like to take. If I have a date open and get a call from a desperate hunter I'll sometimes book them.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Beard Collecter

Normally 4-5 a year. I enjoy it if the guest is really into it. Often it is landowners and their family members, really can not say no!! After that it is normally nephews, a uncle who taught me, but does not hear well anymore and a couple buddies who are diehards as well.

Bigspurs68

7 or 8 unfortunate souls with sore legs in the end.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

tnturkey

just depends just a quick count is right now at least 7 but it just depends but I still get to hunt a lot. 3 of those are my little cousins and we get to go this coming weekend for the juvi hunt here in Tennessee.

Gobble!

5-6 becuase they think I know what I'm doing.

maytom

Quote from: redarrow on March 16, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Ditto for me as well.......