turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vote for Sunday Hunting in WV coming up on May 13th

Started by sugarray, March 16, 2014, 09:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Here in WV we have a county by county policy for Sunday Hunting.  When first allowed 5 years ago every county was open to hunting on Sunday.  This is for private land only with written permission in hand.  Then they had a vote and only 14 counties voted to keep Sunday Hunting.  Now we are finally able to vote again!

For all you WV folks, get out on May 13th and VOTE YES!!

sugarray

Absolutely!!  He gives me life everyday.  No better way to praise Him than to be out hunting the majestic wild turkey.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Pedro on March 16, 2014, 09:36:36 AM
More hunting the better. But don't forget The Lord. Plenty of time to get to church after the hunt.

My thoughts.....I'm for it but don't forget our praise and worship to our Lord and Savior!  I'll do it as long as I can make it back in time!  I owe him all in everything I do and being able to hunt a long beard is one of Gods greatest blessing to me!!!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Deputy 14

I would imagine that it will pass again here in Boone, hope it does for the rest of you guys as well.

wvnut3

ILIKEHEVI-13

They wouldn't even think about denying you Sunday hunting here in MO. 

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

lonnie sneed jr.

It is not going to be a state wide vote I don't think. I think it is only going to be about 5 or 6 counties voting on it. But I might be wrong, it might be state wide. 

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

sugarray

It's been 5 years since it was voted against in the counties that don't currently allow it.  It should be on the ballot in the primary, May 13th, for all 41 counties that don't currently allow Sunday hunting. 

WV allows each county to decide for itself. 

The problem is too many people think they have the right to decide what others should or should not do with their time.  It is a slippery slope, but nothing anyone else does or says determines my salvation.  Only believing in Jesus Christ as my personal savior and living my life for the Lord in every way will I then get eternal life.  It's like me telling you, you can't eat on Sunday because someone has to cook (work) for you to be able to eat.  This is a heated topic for me.  We live in a state where a lot of folks work 6 days a week and can't take vacation to hunt or they lose out on vacation with their families in the summer. 

bpsmag1026

From what i have read it is going to be 7 counties: Braxton,Calhoun,Gilmer,Lewis,Nicholas,Webster, and Wirt

West Augusta

Wish they would add Marion County to that list.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TJK68

I live in Mercer County, on my own farm. I think it is sad someone else has the right to tell me I can't hunt on Sunday on my own land if I so choose. I am thankful to the Good Lord for all he has blessed me with, but people fish on Sunday, I should be able to hunt on my own property.

hookedspur

Quote from: TJK68 on March 17, 2014, 09:44:19 AM
I live in Mercer County, on my own farm. I think it is sad someone else has the right to tell me I can't hunt on Sunday on my own land if I so choose. I am thankful to the Good Lord for all he has blessed me with, but people fish on Sunday, I should be able to hunt on my own property.

This !! You pay the same taxs as anyone owning property in WV.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvboy

Quote from: sugarray on March 16, 2014, 09:31:58 AM
Here in WV we have a county by county policy for Sunday Hunting.  When first allowed 5 years ago every county was open to hunting on Sunday.  This is for private land only with written permission in hand.  Then they had a vote and only 14 counties voted to keep Sunday Hunting.  Now we are finally able to vote again!

For all you WV folks, get out on May 13th and VOTE YES!!

5 years ago??  I think it was more like 13 years ago... I killed a buck on Sunday in Pocahontas County in Nov of 2001 .. that was the first and only year that it was allowed as far as I can remember..   Go vote West Virginians.. I an not a resident any longer or I would ..

Thanks,
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

longbeard11

Really hoping Calhoun passes on the vote!!! Would love to be able to go and sneak in a quick turkey hunt before church on sunday morning!!! Other than that I wont ever get to hunt sunday anyways, and will get really limited time those mornings anyways, but the more time in the woods with God the better!!