OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Black & White Ebony Yelpers

Started by Austy, March 13, 2014, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

I haven't posted much lately because its just too much of a pain to upload the photos and I just don't have any extra time.  A few weeks back I was contacted by a member here who picked up one of my Yelpers that I posted in the classifieds last year.  He had ask if I would be interested in making him another call or 2 from 3 pieces of Black & White Ebony that he had picked up a few years back that were just sitting at home begging to be turned into something useful. 
Earl had ask for a Turpin Style Yelper from one of the pieces along with one of my new adjustable Yelpers from the other 2 pieces that he sent.
This adjustable yelper has 2 bells, 1 bell being a Jordan Style and the other being a Turpin Style.  One of the pieces that he sent me was cracked and I picked the opposite end to use for 1 of the bell sections for this call.  LUCKY GUESS, because the short cut off piece that was cracked when I tried to turn it to make the wooden matching lip stop had a huge rotted section right smack in the middle of the piece that could not be seen from the outside of the piece of wood.  The bell section of this call adjusts by twisting and either pushing or pulling to either lengthen or shorten the internal length of the sound chamber so that the new owner can adjust the call to where he likes the sound of the call best to suit his ear.  The 1st picture is of the call at its shortest length.  Both of these calls have a buffalo horn mouth piece and ferrule to add to the eye appeal of these calls.

This picture is of the call about 3/4 fully extended.

This is the Turpin Style yelper that was tuned from the one piece that I had put aside of the 3.  Looking at the outside and ends of the call blanks that he sent I thought that this piece would make the best looking Turpin Style Yelper of the 3 pieces that he sent me from what I was able to see on the surface of the piece, but as we all know things change as we turn a call.  Lucky pick!!! This call has the same internals of the call that I sent to the Midwest Call Competition this year that I was lucky enough to win 2nd place with. 

I am glad to report that the new owner received his calls today and from the way its sounds he is Happy, Happy, Happy!!!  Thanks Earl for giving me the opportunity to make these calls for you!!!  I told you the pictures that I sent your just didn't do this call any justice, was I right???

Thanks for the look.

Austy

alloutdoors

Shellwaster

Stunning. I like that curved mouth piece on the adjustable helper.

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dreis3

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

eman375

As the proud new owner of these calls, I want to give a shout out to Austy.  He did one heck of a beautiful job and provided me with exactly what I had in my mind.  He kept me informed and I was involved every step of the way.  When I finally got my hands on them, I couldn't believe that the pictures had not done them justice.  And they sound as good as they look.  The reason I chose Austy to build these calls was because I bought one from him last year on the OG forum classifieds and that little trumpet quickly became my favorite.  So easy to run.  It actually made me sound like I knew what I was doing when I ran it.  Anyway, these new calls are no different.  Just so easy to look at and so easy to run.  The most difficult part will be finding the guts to get them out in the field.  But as Austy said, that's where you find out how good a call is.  Thanks again, Austy!

callmakerman

Awesome set of calls. I own one of the two piece Jordon's that will find plenty of woods time this spring.  Very easy to play with great tone and pitch that is fully adjustable to give you the sound your looking for. 

SS Calls

headbanger

Beautiful!! Austy makes a wonderful trumpet indeed! :happy0064: