OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

M3000 SumToy .650 LB 5s and 6s Which one to shoot?

Started by sonofabuck, March 10, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

A perfect day for some range time here in TN!!  Wind was blowing L to R about 10MPH a nice 70*F.
I've decided this is the choke and shell I'll be using this year just not sure if I should shoot the 5s or 6s.  I was thinking of chambering the 6s and having the 5s in the tube for a possible follow up. 
What do you guys think??
The brown cardboard target I shot the other day it was around 55* and somewhat humid.  I guessing it too would have been close to 200 otherwise.

drum817

Quote from: sonofabuck on March 10, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

I was thinking of chambering the 6s and having the 5s in the tube for a possible follow up. 
What do you guys think??

That is EXACTLY what I'm doing!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

sonofabuck

Thanks Drum not quite up to your numbers but close.  I had it narrowed down to the Stoeger and the Weatherby and I thought the 18.5 in barrel would be too short.  You've got a nice set up.

BandedSpur

Sounds like a good plan. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

drum817

Quote from: sonofabuck on March 10, 2014, 07:30:12 PM
Thanks Drum not quite up to your numbers but close.  I had it narrowed down to the Stoeger and the Weatherby and I thought the 18.5 in barrel would be too short.  You've got a nice set up.

You actually have a bit better numbers with the 5's than I do.  Your patterns are GREAT...go hunting and have a safe season!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Hooksnhorns

Great patterns. Id bust his head with those 5s.
Don't Tread On Me

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase