turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lamar Williams Calls

Started by hunter22, March 08, 2014, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I was fortunate to recently obtain a Walnut over mineral Poplar short box made by Lamar. I thought I would show it with my other calls made by him. Lamar trained directly under the late Neil Cost and it is evident in his "Old School" calls. Also thanks to Wayne for picking it up for me at Nashville. 

scoot12

awesome Rickey,  I should get on Lamars list.  Scoot

Old Timer53

Rickey
    You sure do have some mighty fine calls in that picture.  I know they all talk.......TURKEY

SS Calls

Some fine calls from a really nice gentleman, congrats!  :icon_thumright:

gwa

Nice looking calls Rickey!!

Denny

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

Old Gobbler

Lamar is good people , makes a excellent sounding call

I remember back in the early 90's he would always have a table at the Florida convention , they sounded so good , but I was thinking , " no way I'm paying $80 for a call, lol" I think they are triple that price nowadays , and no shortage of people waiting for one
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M,Yingling

Looks like you got yourself some good ones 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

WW

Do any of you guys know a contact number for Lamar? I'd like to get on the list.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Nice collection Rickey!  I just got my first one at the show. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

BOB_HARWELL

WW

KentuckyHeadhunter

Rickey this is really a nice collection.  What I noticed on the box I got at Unicoi was the inlay on the base.  I found it to be unusual and have never seen a box with the inlay on the base instead of the bottom of the box sidewall.  I can't find other examples in my meager searches.  Here's a pic.  Look at bottom where inlay was placed. Pretty cool I think.

hunter22

I have not seen that either. Cool. I think Lamar stopped inletting his lids and most boxes a couple years ago. I have both styles and it does not effect sound either way.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Rickey I didn't realize this thread was so old.  You probably have more now!  I wish someone had some input about the unusual inlay on mine.