OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

question about the burris fastfire 3

Started by turkeyhunter91, March 08, 2014, 08:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

i bought a weaver micro dot yesterday and i shot it this morning and it wouldn't hold zero, i got to noticing that when you tighten the set screw up to keep the scope adjustment from moving the adjustmeant screws can still turn, im thinking about just taking it back and getting a burris, does the burris move after tightening the set screw up also? what would you recommend the ff2 or ff3 thanks

chatterbox

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on March 08, 2014, 08:19:40 AM
i bought a weaver micro dot yesterday and i shot it this morning and it wouldn't hold zero, i got to noticing that when you tighten the set screw up to keep the scope adjustment from moving the adjustmeant screws can still turn, im thinking about just taking it back and getting a burris, does the burris move after tightening the set screw up also? what would you recommend the ff2 or ff3 thanks
Sounds like the gun busted the sight.
I would get a FFIII and be done with it. No locking screws, battery is top mounted, and click adjustments for windage and elevation. I have shot multiple 3.5 magnum turkey rounds through my gun, and never had an issue with the Burris holding zero. They now also come with a forever warrantee!
Buy one. You will not be sorry. I have the 8 MOA dot, but if you like the smaller dot, they also come with a 3 MOA.
They are waterproof, shockproof and just plain awesome!!!

turkeyhunter91

So does the burris have a lifetime warranty and what is the battery life like? thanks

reynolds243

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on March 08, 2014, 04:40:09 PM
So does the burris have a lifetime warranty and what is the battery life like? thanks

Yes and I believe the battery is rated at like 10,000 hours so basically you could leave it on all turkey season and you would be fine

turkeyhunter91

Thanks everyone for the help, I picked up a fastfire 3 and 2 more boxes of 20ga fed heavyweight today, im ready to get out and do some shooting.

chatterbox

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on March 08, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, I picked up a fastfire 3 and 2 more boxes of 20ga fed heavyweight today, im ready to get out and do some shooting.
You will be very pleased, and you made an excellent choice! Good luck! :icon_thumright: