Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting Pics and reports

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

Share your scouting pics and reports or help a team member out with set up tactics
God bless the outdoors
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

2 weeks until season starts and they are starting to slowly hen up

cphill

I just heard my first gobbling of the season

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ericjames

ericjames

He looks like he got a little spur..

nickhrp

Quote from: ericjames on March 08, 2014, 11:09:41 AM
He looks like he got a little spur..
looks like a future victim to me

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

The killing fields can't wait to check the game cams

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

nickhrp

I like it cause it's convenient that last bare closest to. The turkey symbol is my house took me five years to convince the owner to let me hunt she agreed after I told her i would repair her fence and keep trespassers away last year my little girl who was three at the time was messing with my push call on the back porch while I was practicing and a bird fired off should have seen the look on her face I have called them into my back yard but never went after them but now I got hunting rights nothing can save them

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

That's good of her. You can't beat having land that close.

TJK68

I got home from work this afternoon and decided to take the girlfriend for a little spin threw the mountain to see if I saw any Turkey's. We came around the mountain and I eased into one of my pastures, over in the far corner feeding, were 4 mature Gobblers. We watched them for a few minutes and they eased up into the woods out of site. They all looked like respectable birds, hope they hang around close by, till the end of April. I have saw several birds over the last couple weeks, think it is going to be a good season.

nickhrp

Got in from the boat last night got up this morning fixing coffee heard one fire off in the backyard set in the deck after he moved on so I didn't want to spook hit the box call a few times had 3 different birds gobble

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Got the ground blinds up and getting ready to kick off the tn youth hunt got a couple young'uns ready to get a bird

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

That's good to hear.. I haven't heard a gobble since season came in.. But today I was out looking for signs pretty hard, well I saw the one that I will be hunting in the morning the bad thing about it is he was surrounded by 12 hens.. I just hope the start getting vocal.

nickhrp

Had one gobbling at the house the other day but haven't heard one since

God Bless the Outdoors