OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

See through receiver mount

Started by nickp, March 07, 2014, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickp

I have a remington 870 and I have been thinking about putting a scope on it.  It is a multi purpose gun, I use it for deer, turkey, and hogs.  I do use slugs along with buckshot and turkey shot, so it seems like a good idea.  I was wondering if anyone uses the receiver mount that has the mount raised so that you can see the bead under it?  Does it give you a decent sight pane or can you only see the bead and barely any bird?  The reason I am wondering is in case the sun, fog, or rain blinds the scope is the see through portion open enough to get the job done? 

FloppinTom

I have a UTG saddle mount in the classifieds for sale. 870 saddle mount you can see under them to use your bead. Its good if its raining or for quick moving target. :OGturkeyhead:
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

ElkTurkMan

I have this type mount on my 870 and you can see great if you have to use the bead. It is good piece of mind to know you can still use your bead if need be.

nickp

Thanks guys, that is what I needed to know.  I always want a backup sight.  FloppinTom - Thanks for the offer.  A buddy of man has one that he wants to give to me when I get back home this weekend.  Otherwise, I would take you up on that offer.  That is a good price from what I have seen.