turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blind Luck - charcoal

Started by flintlock, March 07, 2014, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

He could never get his daughter to go hunting, then finally one day she decided she wanted to give it a try. He ran straight to the sporting goods store and bought her a 20ga!

They tried for rabbits (she never got one), squirrels (nope), doves (there they go) and finally one April morning they made their way to a blind that her he had strategically placed for her in hopes of getting a shot at a monster gobbler.

On arrival they found that the blind was gone, probably stolen from one of the local tresspassers that he had dealt with previously. His anger burned toward this knucklehead as this was THE special day he had planned for his daughter. They decided to hunt anyway and to just roll w/the punches, and God blessed their efforts w/this nice gobbler:

When he shouldered the gobbler and turned to head back to the vehicle he spotted the blind, which the wind had dislodged about 150 yards out into the field. Maybe this was how it was supposed to play out after all!

Hats-off to you fathers out there that make it happen for the younger ones!!
Wess Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

chatterbox

2much2loud

tomstopper

slamman

Thanks for sharing Wess.  Great picture with a great story behind it.  maybe one day you'll do one of your elk hunt.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Colt45

DirtNap647

headbanger

Great story behind that sketch...as always another great one!

archery1

great read...awesome drawing also...
it's funny how things turn out sometimes
Take a kid hunting

vaturkey

Vaturkey

albrubacker

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

redarrow

Awesome Wess. do ya think God had a hand in the relocation of that blind ?

SS Josh

Awesome picture and a great story! :icon_thumright:
:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

Hognutz

Very nice, Wess. Great story and even better drawing. You never cease to amaze me..
Well done..

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.