News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester XRHD coming back ??

Started by BowBendr, March 06, 2014, 11:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

Saw this on another forum.
Looks like the xrhd is till up on their web-site, with new variations of coyote, turkey and waterfowl loads.
Are these shells coming back into the market ?

http://www.winchester.com/PRODUCTS/SHOTSHELL-AMMUNITION/Innovative/Xtended-Range-Hi-Density/Pages/default.aspx

owlhoot

Seen some loads at Cabela's.  The boxes had not been out there before.
The Hevi 7 and Hw 7's are becoming hard to find . Just seeing new boxes of 6's at Bass Pro and Cabelas now.

Number17

I don't think you're seeing the  xrHDs in the stores are you?

Gamaliel's has the Win XR Longbeards in stock with free shipping and no out of state tax.  Seems kind of silly to be driving around looking for them anywhere else.  I had mine at my door step in 3 days.
No tax. Free shipping. No brainer.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

DirtNap647

Quote from: Number17 on March 07, 2014, 07:30:22 AM

Gamaliel's has the Win XR Longbeards in stock with free shipping and no out of state tax.  Seems kind of silly to be driving around looking for them anywhere else.  I had mine at my door step in 3 days.
how do you get the free shipping...I tried it was gona charge me $5.95

BandedSpur

You are confusing the Longbeards with the now discontinued XRHD, a different animal altogether. The XRHDs are HTL,not CP lead like the Longbeards. Cabelas is selling left over inventory...all 4s. Only 4s are left over because they are the worst choice for turkey hunting, not enough pellets in the load for dense patterns. All the 5s and 6s are gone. I don't think we will see the return of XRHD due to the high price of tungsten and Winch's apparent home run with the Longbeards.

wvnut3

Winchester XRHD (hi-density) is still on their website. However according to a sales rep at winchester they are no longer in production.They were discontinued due to the high cost of Tungsten. Lee

BowBendr

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 07, 2014, 08:02:03 AMI don't think we will see the return of XRHD due to the high price of tungsten and Winch's apparent home run with the Longbeards.

I'm not sure about anything ammo related anymore, lol.
It just seems odd to me that they've had a year to get them down off their website, but the loads are still there, just like they're still available. Just find it odd............

Wanted to see if I could panic the Longbeard seekers !!   ;D  ;D  ;D

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 07, 2014, 07:55:16 AM

how do you get the free shipping...I tried it was gona charge me $5.95

Got me too :).  I went to the home page and it is $50 for free shipping.

Beavercastor

I have seen the xtended range #4's (not the long beards) at numerous stores.  Was also told by Winchester the other day that they are no longer being produced.  Hope to get my hands on a few boxes of #6's if they pop up somewhere.

remmy1187

My walmart has them in 5's for around 36 bucks a box. 

owlhoot

have seen them at Bass pro also and just not the 4 shot, 12 in 3" and  3 1/2". i think some 2 3/4" and seen 5 and 6 shot i do believe, but they have been there a while.
Cabelas may have been all 4 shot, not sure.

mightyjoeyoung

I was told by Cabela's about a week ago that they were back in stock/production.  Someone else mentioned they were in fact NOT being produced any longer so I emailed Winchester ammunition a couple days ago and thier response was that it is no longer being manufactured due to the high cost of materials and has not been made for some time and that any/all stock showing up on the shelves is indeed OLD STOCK. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BowBendr

It just seems weird that in this modern day of technology that a company as big as winchester doesn't take time to take the product off of their web-site. Is that to drive sales on the remaining old stock that's still left on dealer shelves ? I work in big time retail, and even I don't get it. You don't advertise what you don't stock or have in production.....

beagler

For what it's worth I shoot the Xtended Range Coyote (B shot) for fox and it works outstanding. ;D
Never Misses

Gobble!

I would like to see them come out with some #7 HTL shot.