only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

is there such thing as....

Started by darron, March 06, 2014, 07:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Having access to too much turkey ground? I always say more the better

MouthCaller

Unless you have to many bills and not enough vacation time then I say no way the more opportunities the better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

darron

Ive asked over 50 landowners in past month or so...got 2 yes. Not very good odds but its something to add on to our other properties. Scouting the2 new farms sunday....plan on beating on more doors.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gamblinman

Time is always the limiting factor....unless your retired like me.   :z-guntootsmiley:
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

longbeard11

Definitely not!!! My best turkey season I ever had was when I was hunting multiple properties and I could skip around.  This allows me to never over pressure a certain farm. I still have those properties and ever since that year that has been my strategy with deer and turkeys.   

The more the better, and you can always stay on active birds.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jakesdad

That kinda falls under the same thing as asking "can I have too much ammo"

Answer is always NO!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

darron

I brought this up on another forum (ohiosportsman.com) and got slammed. People complaining that I am ruining it for others. Just curious your opinions. I was called "selfish" LOL.

tomstopper

I don't think your selfish. We all have to try to find land to hunt on and congrats that you did. The only problem I have with gaining permission (this is solely speaking for myself and no others) to alot of land personally is that I always end up not hunting some of them due to time and work constraints......

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You can't have enough.  If others don't want to make the investment to ensure their success in the field, I have no sympathy for them.

The more exclusive or limited access ground you have, the more turkeys you will kill.

jakesdad

How can you asking permission ruin it for others?Because they're too lazy to find land on their own?People who hunt wherever they please without permission are the ones who ruin it.

I hunt several places that others have permission on as well and we've never had a problem sharing.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

chatterbox

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 07, 2014, 01:51:18 PM
You can't have enough.  If others don't want to make the investment to ensure their success in the field, I have no sympathy for them.

The more exclusive or limited access ground you have, the more turkeys you will kill.
This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Drthorn

I wish I had the problem of having too much turkey property..i'm still looking for more