OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy super bantam carlsons 575

Started by Onpoint, March 06, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Shot the ol lady's gun for the first time today. It's about 40 degrees and done this with hevi 13 7's.

Lead 6s were awful. Wasn't even worth counting. I'd like to see how the federal heavyweights will do. This is a dead bird all day long though. This 20 gauge pattern is almost identical to 12 gauge with lead 5's and sumtoy 660. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

stringtalker

What kind of choke did you use and how far was you shooting, you can get alot better pattern than that i do believe. My Charles Daly 20 gauge will get 109 in a 10 inch cirlce at 35 yards with federal turkey thugs #5's lead shot, with heavy 13 #5's i get 184
Douglas

Onpoint

It's a carlsons 575. Lasered 40 yards. That's only the 4th round down the barrel. I did deep clean it though. I expect after a couple boxes of shells and some warmer weather to be at around 130. I don't want her gun too tight cuz she let's em come in close. Seems like every year there's always a bird that gets right on top of us (7 or 8 yards) before she gets a shot.
I would like to try some heavyweight 7s. I did expect it to shoot higher numbers than that but it's a pretty good hunting pattern. Shoots better than her 870 with a jelllyhead 665 and lead 5s and that gun is 13 for 14.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

That's a great hunting pattern, Justin!
Not too tight, and will still smash him! :icon_thumright:

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott