OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NC birds

Started by NEWT, March 05, 2014, 11:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEWT

Saw a gobbler breeding a hen 3 days ago in NC.......seemed early to me since I haven't seen the usual amount of strutting activity I normally see by this time of year.  What do you guys think?  I live in the Piedmont area just North of Charlotte.  Been watching this group for over a month and a couple of gobblers just showed up about a week ago.  Didn't think they'd be breeding already. 

turkey_slayer

Yep breeding should be under way. I usually start seeing em about this time doing there business. A lot of people don't realize that most of the breeding takes place before the break up when they are in the big flocks

NC_10

Seen a gobbler mount a hen in a Field last week.

turkeyfoot

Haven't seen in in my part of NC yet but I hunt mountains no ground gobbling yet just few scattered gobbles at day light but things will heat up soon usually 2nd to 3rd week they start rolling I'm ready just turned in my vacation days taking off 3 weeks

NC_10

Ha ha sweet. I haven't heard any gobbling yet. Ive been seeing plenty in fields though. Planing my time off also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS

Haven't been out scouting yet. I hope get out to do some looking around this weekend.  Still seeing big winter flocks when I've been traveling across NE NC for work.  Saw two flocks of 10+ and 1 lone gobbler and another 4 gobblers together this afternoon.

Gagry

Last week here in WNC I watched a flock of 20 gobblers no hens. Hope they stick around for another month. They are on a property that I picked up to hunt this year.  :icon_thumright:

30_06

Haven't seen any breeding in WNC yet. Did see a gobbler in half strut. Mostly seeing the big flocks still.