OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope Help

Started by IowaGobblers, March 05, 2014, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

Does anyone have any experience with a Bushnell banner 1-4x circle reticle, BSA boss 1.45-4.45x illuminated turkey reticle, or a Simmons prohunter 1.5-5x prodiamond, all are similarly priced. Or does anyone recommend a different scope?
Thanks

appalachianassassin

Nikon turkey pro if you can find one

davisd9

I use a Simmons Pro-Diamond on my 835.  Never heard Prohunter being in the name so I guess it could be a little different.  I really like it.  Does not bother my field of view and I keep my head down.  Very happy with mine.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

remmy1187

I had a trophy with the circle reticle and a konus with a diamond reticle.  The problem with the Bushnell is eye relief, not enough with the recoil of turkey loads.  I would recommend something with a minimum of 4 inches of eye relief and preferably more.  Bushnell used to make a long eye relief banner model for slug guns but I don't think it came with the circle x reticle.  This is why I went to a dot with unlimited eye relief.

beagler

Whatever you do stay away from anything BSA.
Never Misses

TnTurk

I have used this scope on a turkey gun before and have not had any issues whatsoever. It has great eye relief so scope eye should not be a problem. Good luck and God Bless, Steve
http://www.opticsplanet.com/bush-rs-bnr-711436.html

remmy1187

Quote from: TnTurk on March 06, 2014, 09:21:36 PM
I have used this scope on a turkey gun before and have not had any issues whatsoever. It has great eye relief so scope eye should not be a problem. Good luck and God Bless, Steve
http://www.opticsplanet.com/bush-rs-bnr-711436.html
This^^^ is the one I was referring to.  My Bro has had one on his 870 super mag and it has held up for years shooting 3.5's. 

steelhorse814

I have a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4 turkey scope on a Rem Super Mag 3.5 , with no recoil problems.

Twowithone

Ive had a Simmons Pro Diamond scope on my rig now for at least 12 yrs now with no problems and its harvested quite a few gobblers over the yrs. Hopefully it holds up a little longer,if it goes south Ill throw a burris fastfire 3 on her. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

ShortSpurs

I have a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4 with a diamond center on my 870SM. It has a 6"+ ER. Just be sure the ring-screws are torqued to specs. I had the base receiver screw-holes drilled and tapped to a larger screw, just to be sure. Works good.