turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truglo Gobble Stopper or TRS-25 Your Thoughts Please

Started by sonofabuck, March 05, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

In the market for a red dot on my M3000. I can't find these at the same store to compare. 

My thoughts on Gobble Stopper:
I like the reticle and choice of colors
sun shade a plus
Not sure but looks like it mounts quite high off receiver/barrel

TRS-25
Seems to mount lower
More compact
no reticle choice
no sun shade. glare from front??? (panty hose to cover?)
I hear lens is tinted and light transmission is not great

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sonofabuck

Ummmm  :help: Anybody with a gobble stopper find it to be so high off the receiver that they need a cheek piece?   :help:

ElkTurkMan

I am going on my 5th season with the truglo gobble stopper on my 870. It has been great i have no complaints.

mossyoakpro

Gobbler Stopper for me...it has been a great sight. I have nothing but good things to say.

As far as height.... I have no problem there either. It is not as low as my fastfire but it is not uncomfortable either.

Best of luck this season!

Sent from my waiting on March 15 device.

Phillippians 4:13

jdavenp3

Here is another option if you are interested in a little bit more cash. Vortex Strikefire.

Get the low mount. It sits very low. I almost thought it was not going to clear but it is the perfect height for me. Also, if you know anything about Vortex products then you know their warranty is the best in the optics business. No questions asked replacements.

It was a coin flip between the Gobble Stopper and the Vortex, and I just trust their brand more than TruGlo but from what I have heard/read the Gobble Stopper is nothing but a great sight as well.

the Ward

I have both a tru-glo and  the trs 25, and they both good inexpensive sights. I really like the trs 25 as it is  small and light and sits reasonably low on the receiver. So far it's held up fine to the recoil of 3" mags in a light gun and still on the same battery it came with. The tru-glo is a 30mm regular model mounted on a nef single shot 12 that generates a lot of recoil, so far so good but it hasn't had a lot of rounds thru it since putting it on so the jury is out on durability. This gun destroyed a cheap bsa red dot in short order, so we will see how the tru-glo does. Good luck and hope you find one you like.

sonofabuck

Quote from: the Ward on March 08, 2014, 09:23:18 AM
I have both a tru-glo and  the trs 25, and they both good inexpensive sights. I really like the trs 25 as it is  small and light and sits reasonably low on the receiver. So far it's held up fine to the recoil of 3" mags in a light gun and still on the same battery it came with. The tru-glo is a 30mm regular model mounted on a nef single shot 12 that generates a lot of recoil, so far so good but it hasn't had a lot of rounds thru it since putting it on so the jury is out on durability. This gun destroyed a cheap bsa red dot in short order, so we will see how the tru-glo does. Good luck and hope you find one you like.
Have you ever had an issue with the glare from the front lens of the TRS?

the Ward

No problem I'm aware of, the turkeys I took with it didn't seem to notice it. I wouldn't worry about spooking turkeys with it if that's what you mean.