OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Duck Stamp Proposal

Started by Turkey Trot, March 05, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Byhalia

Typical Democrat proposal !!!!     :TrainWreck1:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

30_06

.....I'm assuming the increase is not going to the ducks.

Tail Feathers

Pittman Robertson money is used for everything under the sun.  Some of it even goes to National Parks and wildlife efforts as intended.  Not much, but some.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jakesdad

Quote from: 30_06 on March 05, 2014, 05:28:52 PM
.....I'm assuming the increase is not going to the ducks.

No, it is going to a bunch of quacks tho.................

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Old Gobbler

The taxpayers of the USA have sent over 1000 Abrams a1b2 main battle tanks to Egypt free of cost , those tanks cost you and I .....8.58 million dollars a copy , they have so many of them there are over 100 of them sitting in the crates , unopened ......and they are running out of places to warehouse them

We have also sent them 221 F16 fighter jets to Egypt , people are saying they could fight off a Alien Invasion they have so much ( free ) us taxpayer hardware over there

Now you tell me this ..... Do you really think Obama needs that 14 million dollars so bad , that he is going to stiff it to us like that ? Let's not cut the food stamp , subsidized housing , or unemployment to drug dealers ......... Why I bet in one housing project in Newark New Jersey there is enough crack cocaine money in the pockets of welfare recipients pockets to pony up the 14 million dollars and call it a day

It's nothing more than a cheap payback - let's short them 2 tanks and be done with it

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

alloutdoors

Duck stamp money is separate from Pittman-Robertson. According to FWS 98 cents of every dollar taken in from duck stamp sales goes directly to purchasing and leasing habitat.

Feel free to make the argument that conservation costs should be spread around to everyone, but keep in mind that hunters are in the minority. Right now hunters hold the high ground and have a strong voice in how public lands are managed because we are footing the bill. That's our trump card, personally I'd prefer we hang onto it.

Thomas6689

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 05, 2014, 05:55:38 PM
The taxpayers of the USA have sent over 1000 Abrams a1b2 main battle tanks to Egypt free of cost , those tanks cost you and I .....8.58 million dollars a copy , they have so many of them there are over 100 of them sitting in the crates , unopened ......and they are running out of places to warehouse them

We have also sent them 221 F16 fighter jets to Egypt , people are saying they could fight off a Alien Invasion they have so much ( free ) us taxpayer hardware over there

Now you tell me this ..... Do you really think Obama needs that 14 million dollars so bad , that he is going to stiff it to us like that ? Let's not cut the food stamp , subsidized housing , or unemployment to drug dealers ......... Why I bet in one housing project in Newark New Jersey there is enough crack cocaine money in the pockets of welfare recipients pockets to pony up the 14 million dollars and call it a day

It's nothing more than a cheap payback - let's short them 2 tanks and be done with it

Spoken like a true republican it makes me proud to hear u talk like that.  I agree 100%  :icon_thumright:

Thomas6689

[quote author=

[/quote]

Spoken like a true republican it makes me proud to hear u talk like that.  I agree 100%  :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 05, 2014, 05:55:38 PM

:agreed: What's really ironic is that the Libs want to take our guns and hunting privileges away from us sportsman but in all honesty they love to tax us on ammo, guns, licenses etc and create laws that make us pay a small fortune for our privileges ( RIGHTS).... Just a bunch of BS....

alloutdoors

Quote from: tomstopper on March 05, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
What's really ironic is that the Libs want to take our guns and hunting privileges away from us sportsman but in all honesty they love to tax us on ammo, guns, licenses etc and create laws that make us pay a small fortune for our privileges ( RIGHTS).... Just a bunch of BS....

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. We aren't paying taxes on those things because of "libs". We are paying those taxes because the sportsmen of this country who came before us asked to be taxed on those things. They recognized that if they weren't going to pay for conservation, nobody was. If they hadn't, we wouldn't have nearly the opportunities that we currently have to enjoy hunting and fishing. This forum probably wouldn't even exist, because most of us probably wouldn't even have any turkeys in the states we live in. Not all taxes come from some liberal bogeyman.

tomstopper

Didn't mean that all the taxes are bad and yes some went for conservation. It just amazes me how much sportsman spend each year in taxes, costs for shells, guns, camo, bows, fishing gear, etc that contribute to the economy in huge amounts. The Libs do not believe in our privileges but would be lost without how much we contribute each year.......

alloutdoors

The situation really isn't that bad when it comes to the excise taxes we pay on sporting goods. For the most part, that money goes exactly where it is supposed to. There have been attempts in the past to redirect those funds (attempts made on both sides of the isle) but the outrage is usually swift and such ideas get quickly scrapped.