OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting the 20 gauge bug.

Started by backwater, March 05, 2014, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwater

I have been hunting with my 12 for quite some time now and after reading all of your threads, I was thinking about converting my sons Winchester 1300 to a dedicated turkey gun.  Can anyone give me any recomondations for an adjustable pistol grip stock?  Thanks in advance.
  Ray

backwater

After a lot of research, I can't really find any adjustable stocks for this gun or any other 20 gauges for that matter.   I guess that's why nobody responded to my question.  Lol. 

DerekDixon

Check out atigunstocks.com they have some stuff listed for the 1200 and 1300 guns

backwater

Thanks for the reply.  I did check out that site but don't believe they had it in twenty.   I did send them an email asking about 20's

Mild Bill

backwater,

winchester 1300 20 gauges are built on the same frame as the 12 gauges.

I have switched stocks between 20 and 12 gauges with no problems before on 1300's
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

backwater

Quote from: Mild Bill on March 21, 2014, 05:36:52 AM
backwater,

winchester 1300 20 gauges are built on the same frame as the 12 gauges.

I have switched stocks between 20 and 12 gauges with no problems before on 1300's
Thanks for the info Bill.   I have been researching it and am finding the forearm is going to be my problem.   I wanted an adjustable stock and a forearm to match but the manufactures I emailed said they did not carry the forearm in twenty.   I will keep looking.

archdriver

20 ga is a great choice....   If you have tons of turkeys, you can hunt with anything and have fun.

If youdont have a lot of birds,  you might as well carry something light.

Best argument for hunting with a 20.

ArchDriver

IowaGobblers

I have an ati stock in the classifieds that will fit!