turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiocchi

Started by surehuntsalot, March 03, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

Finally got the Fiocchi 7-1/2's tried out.
shot them in my 870 youth with the .570 Tightwad choke  3" 1-1/4oz #7-1/2's

Backside of turkey target

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Captaintopwater

Which load was that?

surehuntsalot

jakesdad

Nice!!

Have you found the 7 1/2's to have enough ummph at 40 yds to seal the deal?I know you have plenty of density with 145 in the 10",just wondering how they carry energy wise that far.Not picking a fight or being a smart a$$ cuz I may try this load also.

What was the cost of these?Ive seen them at Cabelas thought they were between 15-20 but cant remember.

Once again real nice pattern!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

R AJ

Quote from: jakesdad on March 04, 2014, 08:37:15 AM
Nice!!

Have you found the 7 1/2's to have enough ummph at 40 yds to seal the deal?I know you have plenty of density with 145 in the 10",just wondering how they carry energy wise that far.Not picking a fight or being a smart a$$ cuz I may try this load also.

What was the cost of these?Ive seen them at Cabelas thought they were between 15-20 but cant remember.

I would not recommend  these as 40 yard slam dunks but for a 20 gauge 20-30 yards they are a pretty good choice, yes even in nickel plated lead. Those come in boxes of 25  and cost isn't that bad. That is a better pattern than I got from one 570 choke by about 25 pellets. In the old days lots of guys used 7.5s in modified barrel 12 gauges to get better shot numbers but they called em up , looked down their barrel and when the eyeball looked  bigger than the bead they shot. :fud: :OGani:

jakesdad

Im not one into 40 yards or more,actually prefer 20-25.Just curious how those would be if they were pushed.Still may try some out of my 870.I got a 26" barrel and use a jellyhead,wonder how they'll do?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

BandedSpur

Great pattern. I shoot 7.5s in the open barrel of my O/U with an imp mod choke. I limit shots with that combo to 30 yds, but with a pattern like that, I would shoot to 35. That's where 7.5s fall to 1.25" penetration in ballistic gel, my personal minimum. But I have heard of guys killing them to 40 and beyond with the old Fed 3-2-7.5 load.

Tom Foolery

Great pattern, the little $10 TightWad sure works.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: jakesdad on March 04, 2014, 08:37:15 AM
Nice!!

I used the old Federal 2oz 7-1/2 load a good bit years ago when you still could get it,I killed some birds with it around 40yds,but most of my shots were 30-35yds and those shells hammered the birds.
I know these shells will do the same thing out to 35yds
Really just something that I had been wanting to try ever since I first saw the shells,figured they would pattern pretty good.
I think they were 21.50 a box if I remember right