OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How would you hunt this area?

Started by mac43rn, March 03, 2014, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac43rn

I have a question and would appreciate your thoughts.  We have an area that we have been scouting (My 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter) with trail cameras.  I have a good idea of their pattern but it is still early.  The turkey are roosting in the Northwest corner.  They use the cornfield as an obvious food source. The turkey will graze the corn field, work their way into the woods in the southwest corner and eventually back to the roost around 5:00 PM CST. 

Here is my question, I am hunting out of blind.  Where would you recommend setting up? 

Thanks in advance.   

redleg06

If you know where they go AND how they get there.....set your blind out in that spot!  Turkey dont pay attention to blinds like deer do. Just put it out where you usually see them.

Huntnwork

In the corner just above the 3-3-2014 under the pic and far from the road as possible. I would probably travel up the tree line in the pic just above that date and put the blind inside the woods at that point where the woods make the turn left.

matchbook454

Set your blind in the field where you see them come and go to roost.  Don't get too close to the field edge and don't worry about the blind bothering them as mentioned above.  Get in there real early - like an hour before shooting time which is usually an hour and a half before sunrise in most states.