News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

So...just how much are you willing to pay for your hunting gear

Started by chadabear, March 02, 2014, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadabear

:begging:http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=131124585845

Was bored yest afternoon and came across these bibs on ebay. At the time they were around 40-45$..I decided to watch them and see where it went...just got a notification the auction was ending. Clicked on it and WHOOOOOA NELLY!!! This must be a bid of men against men no doubt...lol. Never in my most delirious state would I ever spend this much. I bet all my turkey gear doesnt add up to this....
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

redarrow

turkeyfoot

I don't spend much on supplies besides my shells I believe in good shells since already have good gun and choke save all my money for gas and land so I'll be where the birds are

bamagtrdude

I spent "money" on my shotguns/rifles & shells/bullets, but camo - nah!  I just posted an "Evolution of a Turkey Hunter" thread; most *all* of that camo I'm wearing & have worn throughout the years was bought on clearance/close-out at the end of the season.  In fact, that very first outfit -- the pants were given to me, and the shirt was like $2!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

BowBendr

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 02, 2014, 05:52:45 PMmost *all* of that camo I'm wearing & have worn throughout the years was bought on clearance/close-out at the end of the season.

X2. I buy everything after shopping extensively for the best deal I can get on it. Even if it means waiting a while...

Deputy 14

bamagtrdude

Now that Wal-Mart's "in the game" (for turkey stuff), that's a good place to "monitor", but over the years I've gotten a lot of really dirt cheap stuff @ Academy Sport's when they're sick & tired of dealing with that season's apparel!  :)  One addendum to my post is -- boots.  I've never really gotten lucky on "waiting" on boots, and have had to pay a fair price on them.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Drthorn

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: BowBendr on March 02, 2014, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 02, 2014, 05:52:45 PMmost *all* of that camo I'm wearing & have worn throughout the years was bought on clearance/close-out at the end of the season.

X2. I buy everything after shopping extensively for the best deal I can get on it. Even if it means waiting a while...

:agreed:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

eddie234

Nobody's cheaper than me! I have my "base" supplies and I will restock after the end of the season and everything is on sale or clearance.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

tomstopper

The only thing that I have and will not be cheap on is my gun, shells, boots & some calls/strikers. For camo I remember for years when I was a kid going to rummage sales and getting the woodland camo fatigues. Even after I got out of the Marines, that is all I would wear until they stopped fitting. Today I look like a conglomerate of different camos. As long as it is clean, I wear it.... The t.v. shows would never put me on cable... :funnyturkey:

pappy

I usually end up spending enough to feed every house here in Lilbourn a Thanksgiving dinner.....LOL way too much...but hey, I could be spending it on some other addicting drug....    
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

redleg06

Camo is probably the LEAST expensive thing I worry about. I buy it from bargain bins, and if a store on-line is having some kind of closeout discount or something. I just think being still and having the right general colors is usually good enough if you break up your outline decently well. Hell, this week I walked up on two Gobblers while I was out scouting and had on brown jeans and a khaki shirt and camo hat, they were within 50 yards a handful of times and I had just laid down in the middle of the dirt road and covered my face with my shirt...I bet I watched them for half an hour. They'd look at me for a while then go back to feeding.

Guns and shells, I enjoy patterning the gun and tinkering in the offseason so I probably (definitely) spend more than I should (or NEED to).