News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No more fighting (HTL vs LB)

Started by turkey buster, March 02, 2014, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

I'll settle this!!! Lol
There's kills from mag blend, lead, and even some old shorty remington duplex. Order of kill is left to right by the way. This year I hope to start a new board for beards and the first one is gonna be attempted with a longbeard shell. I bet it holds a beard just like the others

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The shell is just one piece of the puzzle.  I kill a LOT of paper targets.  Every shell and choke combo has a maximum range for the pattern.  As long as you work within that, it's all good.

kwild835

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 02, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
Every shell and choke combo has a maximum range for the pattern.  As long as you work within that, it's all good.
It is really this simple.

turkey buster

The shell is just one piece of the puzzle.  I kill a LOT of paper targets.  Every shell and choke combo has a maximum range for the pattern.  As long as you work within that, it's all good.

I don't think you kill paper. lol! I understand pattering and getting ethical killing patterns as I do it too. Both Hevi and LB shoot good for me. It don't have to be about Ford vs Chevy I'd drive a scooter if it got me to work and home. (And the woods of course)

drum817

:agreed:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SumToy

Quote from: drum817 on March 02, 2014, 08:46:21 PM

:agreed: They all will kill if you do your part. 

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

tomstopper

FttFttVroom!

We go over this every year.....the old "you can't kill 'em deader than dead."

Shoot what works for you and the way you want to hunt.  Everybody on here has an opinion and thats what makes this site great.  Just don't be upset when someone come in here and says "I wouldn't do this or use that."  Call them in close and as long as you do your part, the shotgun and shell combo will do the rest.

TBab

Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

chipper

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 02, 2014, 10:59:25 PM

Shoot what works for you and the way you want to hunt.  Everybody on here has an opinion and thats what makes this site great.  Just don't be upset when someone come in here and says "I wouldn't do this or use that."  Call them in close and as long as you do your part, the shotgun and shell combo will do the rest.
Exactly !!!!!!!

turkey buster

That's kind of what I'm saying. I shoot them with anything that works and it works for me. I've only shot one turkey that would be considered long range.  I rather work him and hear him gobble and watch him strut. Then settle for that 20 yard shot.

trkehunr93

Quote from: chipper on March 03, 2014, 08:21:09 AM
Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 02, 2014, 10:59:25 PM

Exactly !!!!!!!
times 100! 

Pressured Gobbler

Yea and the biggest piece of the puzzle is were you hunt  :turkey2: