OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I did do some good at the Nationals afterall...pappy

Started by pappy, February 28, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

This is an email I received from Charley Burke  an  NWTF Regional Field Supervisor and Grand National Contest organizer...
"Hi Jack, The tongue calls were judged and the top two were Mike Lapp and yourself.  The judges gave the Lapp call a 1st and yours a 2nd. They evaluated the calls and I did not keep the results as this was an add on responsibility for the judges in this category.  In the future we may add a separate tongue call category for 2015.  Thank you for your support of the competition. I did not take any pictures other than the 1st place call. Charley"

Here are the pics I have of the call..... my Tung N' Cheek....makes me feel good, to have my call sitting next to the others and come in with a second place pat on the back! pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

stone road turkey calls

I am so glad to see you get 2nd place, enjoy your win this year and lets see a 1st place next year. congrats.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

captin_hook

That's awesome. Congrats to you. You make some nice calls!

West Augusta

Congrats Pappy.  I agree, those calls should have their own catagory.  I did run them and was very impressed by the sound that I could get out of them.  Bad thing is that they didn't have them all together as a group.  They were spread throughout the "Other surface" pot calls.  They are a very huntable call for sure.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

trb136

Pappy I played that call as well...Very nice call...good sound and Congrats to you..

pappy

I had talked to Charley about Mr. Huffman's ability to see into the future with this style of call, a poor man's slate....when he sold them for 12.95 I am sure some folks jumped on them...but from what I was told they had a range that started way too high, that is why i wanted an old school sound out of mine. I wanted an old Lynch box sound, and that is what I was working for. I am certain that things will change as far as a separate category for these calls, to see them spread out all over the place is really not a pleasing sight to see, but again I look at the organizers who take and place the calls. I just wish I could have been there to listen to Mike's call and to see how I could have improved on mine. Thanks for all the kind words....pappy

Quote from: West Augusta on March 01, 2014, 07:20:15 AM
Congrats Pappy.  I agree, those calls should have their own catagory.  I did run them and was very impressed by the sound that I could get out of them.  Bad thing is that they didn't have them all together as a group.  They were spread throughout the "Other surface" pot calls.  They are a very huntable call for sure.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

merocustomcalls

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

tomstopper

West Augusta

If enough call makers enter them they will have to make a seperate catagory.  Keep making sawdust my friend.  Give them a reason to do it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.