North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 02/28/2014 "Listening and Doing"

Started by BOFF, February 28, 2014, 09:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Today we will read from James 1:19-25;

James 1:19-25 (NIV)

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

I highlighted in blue two verses which stood out to me this morning. I am often reminded through the consequences of what happens, I need to be slower to speak, and quicker to listen. I have often been on the wrong track of thinking, I knew where the speaker was going. I have often been the one left, wishing I had listened first, before giving my meaningless 2 cents.

Speaking with God is also, a two way street; we should speak, and we should listen. We often do not allow God the time to answer, as our own mouths are filling the air with meaningless words.

However, this is not the end of our demise though. We still have an important part to do after hearing God, and a part we often fail to do as well- to follow through in action. Action is part of communication as well. Our actions, of either doing what God tells us, or not doing what God tells us, speaks volumes of our walk with Him, or without Him.

We make the choice. Are we with God, or are we without God? We must ask ourselves though, as it is promised in the end of verse 25, if we do these things,  "they will be blessed in what they do." why would we not do them?

Heavenly Father,

We come to You today, acknowledging our pride and selfishness is often in the way of following Your Word, and doing what it says. Forgive us of this, and help us to be still and listen to Your voice. We ask for Your voice to be mighty and great, above all the worldly distractions which deafen our ears.

Help us to long for Your Word, and to be in it daily. We ask in the name of Jesus, for Satan to be cast from our lives, our families, our work places, our churches, and our governments. May we be the first in turning back to You, falling upon our knees in seeking Your Word and voice, and giving You the praise and glory You so well deserve.

Protect us, and pour Favor upon us as we seek Your will, for our lives.

It is in the name of Jesus, the name above all names, we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net