turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Tubes, Barrel, Stocks, Stardot, Pure Gold, Kicks

Started by LongbeardExpress, February 27, 2014, 01:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongbeardExpress

I have a couple items for an 835 for sale.  Wanted to try here before they went to Ebay. 

1) Stardot Choke with package, straight knurling. $50

2) Pure Gold .670  $55 SPF

3) Pure Gold Modified for lead or steel  $45

4) Kicks GT .680  $50

5) 835 stock and forearm  $25 SPF

6) 835 Barrel 24", has been honed and polished to mirror finish  $100 SPF

All prices are shipped to the cont. US.  Paypal gift or you pay the 3% preferred or US MO accepted.  Email at ryanb29073@sc.rr.com.  These items are for sale on multiple forums so time stamp wins.

yelpaholic

LongbeardExpress

Just one?  Come on.  Look at these fine specimens.

Ryan

Spring Fever

LongbeardExpress

The chokes were for testing.  The stock got replaced with a knoxx system, and I bought just the barrel somewhere to see if I could make it pattern better than the 20" bbl I currently use.  It was slightly better but not enough to justify the extra 4" to me.  I was going to try and pick up a beat up rusty blue 835 and use it to build a frankengun but just havent found one cheap enough. 

Ryan

Mike Honcho

Here's your chance boys to join the elite club of original Stardot Owners Group or SOG which I am planning on starting which means I get to be President.

Reloader

LongbeardExpress

PM returned.

Barrel and stock SPF.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILIKEHEVI-13

Is that Star Dot knurled or straight grooved at the top of choke? 

LongbeardExpress

Straight of course.  I can send pics if you email.

Ryan

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: LongbeardExpress on February 27, 2014, 06:47:56 PM
Straight of course.  I can send pics if you email.

Ryan

Then it's not an original Star Dot choke.  That choke was made by PTC Technologies and is a fake and not made by Colonial Arms.  All the original Star Dot chokes made by Colonial Arms were knurled at the top of the choke.  You should reword your post on the Star Dot.  Just passing on the info that I know for certain is true.     

LongbeardExpress

I thought the pitman copies had the cross knurling and the original had straight. I will adjust. Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: LongbeardExpress on February 27, 2014, 07:13:16 PM
I thought the pitman copies had the cross knurling and the original had straight. I will adjust. Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan

Well fake is a hard word.  But I wasn't going to sugarcoat it.  All of the Star Dot and Pittman Star Dot chokes had straight grooves.  Colonial Arms who made the original Star Dot chokes used knurling on all of the Star Dot chokes they made for Highlander Sports.  Highlander later got PTC Technologies to copy the original Colonial Arms Star Dot design after Highlander wasn't paying Colonial Arms the money they owed them via contract.  So that's where the falling out started and copying took place. 

But I am told the copied Star Dot PTC chokes shoot just as good. 

Sorry I had to post this. 

LongbeardExpress

All items sold. Thanks.

Ryan