turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody got a Super Tatr III vest?

Started by darn2ten, February 26, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darn2ten

I know there was just a thread on vest opinion. I'm wondering if anybody has actually compared the tatr II and the super tatr III. Having a hard time trying to decide just by looking at pics. I also have the ol Tom time & motion vest in my mind too. I got to decide because time is running out.

MikeStaten

I'm also interested in this as I will be getting a new vest soon.

When I compared theTatr Tactical II vs Tatr III.  I like the II better as the seat pad is 3 layer instead of 2.  Plus, the slate pocket looks much better on the II vs the III.

Take a look at the "tech specs" link on the cabelas website for a close-up pic of the features on each.

darn2ten

Thanks, I didn't realize about the 2 vs 3 layers on the seat. I do like the layout of the tatr II better, just really don't need that many pockets. One other thing that concerns me is the lack of individual easily accessible pockets for diaphragm calls, looks like its just one or two bigger pockets to store them in.

MikeStaten

The 2 has a little mouth call case that is tethered to the vest and fits in a small pocket.  My biggest concern about the 3 is that the striker pockets are really deep.  I watched a video that a guy posted and the strikers were way down in the pocket and he really had to work to get one out.  You could probably just sew the bottom closed to make them shallower but that is a hassle.  Please keep me posted as you gather more information on these.  I will do the same.

Rokhal07

Ive got a super tatr 3 and love it. Very functional and comfortable conpared to other vests i have had.

turkeyhunter91

I have the super tatr 3 and I really like it.

darn2ten

How big are you guys that have the super tatr? The choices are m/l or xl/xxl. The tatr II choices are s/m, l/xl, or 2xl/3xl. Don't know why they are different. If I go with the II I'd get the l/xl, but not sure in the III. I don't want it big and flopping around, but not tight either. The women on the phone at cabelas said the m/l should work for my size in the III, but I don't know about that. I'm 6'2" and about 225 lbs. just not sure.

MikeStaten

Based on reviews it looks like the 3 is true to size but the Tactical 2 runs big

Gobble!

I know its a year old sorry but just wondering if anyone else could weigh in.

I'm in between the two. I think the III will fit better with the M/L size, I'm 6'3" 205. I had the II and really like it but hated the fact it didn't have shells loops, of course this was when I used Hevi 13 shells and all I could think about was the buffer falling out as I ran around thew woods. Seat looks to be the same in each. Looks like the III has less back pads. Not sure why else it would be cheaper. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

tomstopper

So I have the II version and just love it. I am 6'2'' and 230lbs. The 2xl/3xl size fits me fine. I haven't tried on the 3 but do like the looks of it but just love the tater II and am not ready to get rid of it.

BRUKSHOT

I looked at both vests very carefully just 4 days ago, and decided on the Tatr II over the Tatr III.  The main reason is that the box call pocket is positioned on the right side on the Tatr III and I have heard that for a right handed shooter that your shotgun can get snagged/bumped/hung up against the box call.  Makes sense...I could easily see that happening while bringing up your gun while in a seated position.  I am 5'8" tall and weigh in at around 200 lbs and tried both the large and medium sizes and went with the medium.  The Tatr II vest runs big.  It is an awesome vest with plenty of pockets in all of the right areas.  Hope this helps!  Bruk.

Gobble!

Quote from: BRUKSHOT on January 27, 2015, 09:47:41 AM
I looked at both vests very carefully just 4 days ago, and decided on the Tatr II over the Tatr III.  The main reason is that the box call pocket is positioned on the right side on the Tatr III and I have heard that for a right handed shooter that your shotgun can get snagged/bumped/hung up against the box call.  Makes sense...I could easily see that happening while bringing up your gun while in a seated position.  I am 5'8" tall and weigh in at around 200 lbs and tried both the large and medium sizes and went with the medium.  The Tatr II vest runs big.  It is an awesome vest with plenty of pockets in all of the right areas.  Hope this helps!  Bruk.

I'm left handed and noticed the box call positioning. Thank you!