turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Testing the 870 Supermag........

Started by mtaylor200, February 25, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtaylor200

I was figuring on 300 too. Not sure what is happening. I am going to clean the barrel again tonight and wait for the weather to warm back up some. It dropped to the 30's and windy today. The pattern was low on those targets, I moved the red dot again but didn't have time to fire it. There are a ton of shot low on that target in the breast below the 10 ring. I thought that target was a 10 and 20 ring and bought them. the outer ring is 15.

I am going to put up new cardboard and look at the pattern before I put a target on there. I have a truglo choke and the HD choke that came with it. My next option is going to order a sumtoy I guess. I need to try all the other options first though. I haven't cleaned that barrel this year and have ran 2 boxes of HVY Mag Blend, 2 HVY 13 and a handful of other junk I had laying around.

:TrainWreck1:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mtaylor200 on February 26, 2014, 01:02:47 PM
20"

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-sps-super-mag-turkey-predator.aspx

Well that will make a difference.  I would only think that a shorter barrel will like a tighter choke.  So .655 shouldn't be too tight.  But that pattern looks pretty good really.  215 in a 10 with a 20" barrel is a pretty mean combo. 

mtaylor200

Yea I am confident with it now and was before. Now it has become a game to see what I can do with it. I had the forcing cone cut out last year now just trying to stretch it out as far as I can with the best pattern.

My next project is my sons Mossberg 500.  I have a HS turkey choke on it but don't like the pattern at all. His is a 20g.

Longshanks

My best results with 870sm/ventilator .655 were Win xx 3/2/6's and Hevi 7's 3/2/7's.

28"bbl