News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Alabama record turkey

Started by reflexl, February 25, 2014, 05:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

BC

That one must have wondered across the state line. We don't have that Appalachian inbreeding program y'all got going on up there in Tennessee.

He won't last long before the coyotes take care of him.

;D

bamagtrdude

That *COULD* be a Mississippi StumpHumper species of Eastern, but I can't be for certain...  They're a protected bird, so you can't hunt 'em at all.

[there's a funny stories that goes along with it]
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

BC

bamagtrdude

Quote from: BC on February 26, 2014, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on February 26, 2014, 12:59:42 PM
Mississippi StumpHumper

LMAO!!!

Oh ya!!  Hehehe...  Here's the story:

A buddy of mine here in AL took his 10 y.o. son turkey hunting; they'd been a time or two before, but this time, the son *FINALLY* bagged a good gobbler...  *BUT*, my friend was telling me, he had gotten the bird so worked up, that on the way into their setup, the deg'gum turkey jumped up on a pine stump sticking up out of the ground & starting LAYING THE WOOD to this ole stump!!!!  :TooFunny: HAHAHA!!!

SO, I told my buddy, "Hey, let's prank your son, and tell him he shot a rare & endangered species of Eastern Gobbler known as the Genus Stumpitis, aka Mississippi StumpHumper, and that I had to turn him into the game warden, 'cause they're protected birds & he killed it!!!"   ROFL!!!

That night we did that - and I wish I'd had a camera recording the look on his son's face - OMG!!!  We laughed so hard - and, of course, I milked it for all it was worth until we couldn't stand it anymore & busted out laughing!!

HAHAHA!

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)