OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE II / Speedbead /FF III Question

Started by weave, February 25, 2014, 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

If this is on here, I was not able to find it.

Will the speed bead work on my SBE II with the Steady Grip stock?  I swear I read somewhere that it will not work but saw a post where they guy made it work by running a dremel on his gun to work it down.

My SBE II is not drilled and tapped and I have been looking at just adding the speedbead.   For the price of a new barrel, I could damn near pay for a new NWTF SX3....

reynolds243

Yes but you have to squeeze it on and take the pins out of the mount

Here is mine with it on and it's rock solid

Borden811

Reynolds, can you elaborate? I plan on putting one on my SBEII, with the steadygrip. What do you mean by squeeze it on? Just pinch it between the stock and receiver?

reynolds243

I just mean it will be a VERY tight fit at first. Once you bolt down the stock it will push it all the way on. It will be a nerve wracking few mins but it will go on just fine it will just be real tight

longbeards

I put one on my brothers SBE last year, he wacked two longbeards with it and loves it,,he is 68 and his eyes are not what they where,,,but with the Fast Flight 3 he is back in the ball game!

Borden811

10-4, thenks for the reply. I've a got a pure gold that shoots great in my gun, but patterns pretty far right. The rest of my chokes hit poa with the bead. I picked up a speed bead mount cheap, and a weaver micro dot that Im going to put on it, and hunt the pure gold.