turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The more I think about it...

Started by MouthCaller, February 23, 2014, 08:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

The more I really don't want to pay $10 a shell for nitros... I called Friday to check order status since I placed my order at least one maybe two weeks ago then they said it was going to be 3 to 4 more weeks from now! I'm going to pattern my one shell of hevi magnum blends and see what I get with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

guesswho

$10 a shell ain't happening here.   If I needed them I would, but the last 45 years have convinced me I don't. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

MouthCaller

Quote from: guesswho on February 23, 2014, 08:48:19 AM
$10 a shell ain't happening here.   If I needed them I would, but the last 45 years have convinced me I don't.
the total for a box of 10 MH517 which is a 4x5x6x7 blend was $100.31 to my door. Like that other thread was saying I think some of this stuff is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

turkey_slayer

Quote from: guesswho on February 23, 2014, 08:48:19 AM

Turkeys have changed over the past 45 years Ronnie. You have to throw big money at em to kill em now

surehuntsalot

I can't believe what I read on here about what people are paying for shells to shoot at turkeys,all I can say is alot of people have alot more money than I do.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bamagtrdude

I'm convinced - with my gun setup - I could shoot plain old Winchester skeet shot & kill turkeys with it!  :)  But, I digress...  ;)  If it were me, I'd check out Hevi-Shot; they have a money-back mail-in rebate that makes their Magnum Blend shells $4/shell, once you get the rebate back.  That's a fair price imo, and based on what I've seen on YouTube & patterns by guys locally, I'd say it'd do the job fairly well...

When my custom shells run out, I'm going to shoot some 3" magnum Remington shells my brother gave me over Christmas; my uncle hunted with them back in the 70's & had a bunch of boxes leftover...  I patterned one & it up-ended the deg'gum piece of plywood I had taped my paper target on...  It also up-ended my deg'gum shoulder, too!!  Hahaha...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Greenshed Longbeard

I took my first bird with 2 3/4 #6 game load. Don't want to go back there but I will turkey hunt.
Greenshed Longbeard