OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm sure it's been asked a million times

Started by ssramage, February 22, 2014, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

Due to unforeseen circumstances my primary 20 gauge is headed to the gunsmith just a few weeks before the opener. My backup is an 870 20 gauge. I tried searching and I know it's been best to death, but what chokes is everyone liking in this gun now with the federal heavyweight #7s? I know it used to be the RSF but don't know what website likes now. I tried to search but my phone isn't cooperating. Thanks.

R AJ

For emergency the Tightwad will do. Others include the Sumtoy 562-5 , Truglo SSX 550, Carlsons, Trulock, and Colonial Arms  are among others.

Chokes from 550-575 have all had good numbers in 20 gauge and Federal HW#7 loads.

mossyoakpro

Quote from: RAJ on February 22, 2014, 11:18:41 PM
For emergency the Tightwad will do. Others include the Sumtoy 562-5 , Truglo SSX 550, Carlsons, Trulock, and Colonial Arms  are among others.

Chokes from 550-575 have all had good numbers in 20 gauge and Federal HW#7 loads.

^^^This^^^  I have a Carlson's and a Tightwad you could use until your primary makes it back.  Just hit me up and I will send you either one or both and you can just send them back when your finished.
Phillippians 4:13

ssramage

Thanks for the input.

I really appreciate the offer on the loaner, but I've been meaning to set this one up anyways just to have a back up. I'll look into the chokes already mentioned.

mossyoakpro

Quote from: ssramage on February 23, 2014, 08:52:15 AM
Thanks for the input.

I really appreciate the offer on the loaner, but I've been meaning to set this one up anyways just to have a back up. I'll look into the chokes already mentioned.

For the money the SSX is hard to beat....it has shot anything I have put through it.
Phillippians 4:13

surehuntsalot

Have a .570 Tightwad, a .570 Hastings, a .575 Carlson,and a ,565 Truglo GSX
would not think twice about hunting with any of them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Mine likes sumtoy and ssx. Either will smash a turkey with number 7
Georgia Boy