OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Gobbler Tree

Started by TRKYHTR, February 21, 2014, 10:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

so I took out my camera again today. I went to a different spot that I have never videoed before. I didn't realize these turkeys were going to be roosted in this digger pine and I sure didn't know that most of these turkeys were going to be gobblers. There is 40-50 longbeards in this flock and almost all of the calling you hear is from a gobbler. There are a few hens but not many. You can see gobblers flying from limb to limb and several doing a flydown cackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7JfDWhNcKQ
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

land cruiser

mwr

Where and what time did you want me to meet you,Joe??   :funnyturkey: :drool: :funnyturkey:

tomstopper

Dang thats a lot of birds in one tree. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.......

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

eman375

Dang that's a lot of turkeys!  Great video.  Thanks for sharing.

Old Gobbler

Joe , we could make a Alfred Hitchcock movie , "bearded birds" ..... it would be a sequel to his original " birds" - this one would be different , we will go on the offensive and strike hard , preferably on their home turf - we will swap out the blond girl , with me and my ten gauge - you can do all the filming and directing , you can also hand ammo to me  for when I get to tired to load my own gun

:funnyturkey: let me know I'll run the script by the producers and see if we can a budget approved
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

I hate turkeys

Beards, Beards, Beards, let the bidding begin for the guided hunt.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

Fatbeard

East TN Beard Buster

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 21, 2014, 11:12:27 PM
Joe , we could make a Alfred Hitchcock movie , "bearded birds" ..... it would be a sequel to his original " birds" - this one would be different , we will go on the offensive and strike hard , preferably on their home turf - we will swap out the blond girl , with me and my ten gauge - you can do all the filming and directing , you can also hand ammo to me  for when I get to tired to load my own gun

:funnyturkey: let me know I'll run the script by the producers and see if we can a budget approved
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: I would watch it......

chatterbox

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Joe!

gwa

Thanks Joe!

That was some of the best concentrated gobbler talk I ever saw... WOW..

Denny

captin_hook

wvnut3

Awesome. If that does not get one wound up awaiting opening day, i don't know what would. Lee :z-guntootsmiley: