turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

scope rings on an 870

Started by Cbw33, February 21, 2014, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbw33

i recently installed a sure shot stock on my 870 and sent it to the gunsmith to have the receiver tapped for a picatinny rail. for logistical reasons i am not going to be able to get my hands on the gun until i drive 200 miles to get it and will mount the scope and sight it in that day. what kind of scope rings would be the best and in what height.
thanks for the help!!

this is the scope i was looking at

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00358P1SA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

remmy1187

I would use a quality low ring.  I had that scope on an 11-87 with a shur shot stock and low rings were perfect for me.

dms2511

I recently purchased the B square saddle mount and rings.  After getting both the saddle mount and rings film dipped, I learned the hard way that they are too short to accommodate my Nikon Turkey Pro scope.  I just purchased Warne medium rings and they fit perfectly.  Really depends on the diameter of the scope tube and objective lens, but I would recommend a medium height ring. Now I'm stuck waiting for the mediums to be film dipped, but I have a low set of B square dipped in Mossy Oak Obsession sitting on the shelf in the meantime. 

Cbw33

i got worried and ordered 3 different sizes to make sure i get what i need!