OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers

Started by allaboutshooting, February 17, 2014, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

On Saturday morning Doris slipped in the shower and was badly injured. If you know her, you know that she's very tough and never likes to admit that she's hurt.

She hit her head and ribs very hard. Hard enough that when I learned of the injury, we sought professional help. It was bad. She had a severe contusion to her forehead and rib cage area.

The professionals examined her and did not believe that she had a concussion, gave her ice packs to apply to her forehead and advised that I keep an eye on her and ask her to refrain from strenous activities.

I did my best to do that but it was difficult. Since we've been home, we've consulted with our family medical docotor and I'm trying to keep her from overexerting herself. She's also supposed to keep her cognitavie skills to a minimum.

Doris is the toughest person I know. I've seen her endure some very severe pain and never admit that it hurt at all. She's a stoic.

This could have been much worse that it was but frankly, it's very bad.

Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Deputy 14

Prayers sent for Doris Mr. Bush  Wishing you both the best.  Make sure she takes it easy for a few days per the Drs. orders, and I'm sure she'll be fine.

CASH

Wishing her the best Clark. Met you both a few years ago. Great folks.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

worth612000

Prayers and thoughts from Ga. Wishing for a speeded recovery for Ms Doris.

James

Old Gobbler

Prayers on the way from Florida. -  take it easy and make sure she gets some rest and relaxation -- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

darn2ten

Prayer sent up for a speedy recovery. Just saw you guys Friday at the show.

Gold Spur

Prayers sent from Arkansas for a speedy recovery.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

chatterbox

Clark,

Thoughts and prayers from NH Clark. Wishing Doris a speedy recovery. :bible:

DirtNap647

SS Calls

Hoping for a speed recovery for your wife.

tomstopper

Prayers sent from NY. Hope she gets well soon.

ctwny1

Prayers coming from my wife Carolyn and myself.

Mike Honcho

Clark:  Sorry to hear about your wife's accident.  Prayers sent from Kansas.

Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

R AJ

Clark,
So sorry to hear of Doris's fall and injury. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.