turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is this good?

Started by talltines, March 12, 2011, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talltines

Patterned my gun today.  Shooting an 835 with 20 inch barrel with Hevi 7 3 1/2 inch and got 207 shot in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  (deep cleaned and polished my bore and swabed between shots).

What do you think? 

doepee

talltines

bowhunter84

no question it will kill a turkey :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

VAHUNTER

207 Will get it done. but i would think you would get higher #'s with that load. are you sure that you picked the dences part of the pattern to draw your circle around??
i got 270 with the same load and a .670PG
Good things come to those who wait

spur collector

numbers seem kinda of low for that load, but over 200 will get the job done everytine as long as there is no holes in the pattern.

doepee

It will hunt no problem, but I also thought the numbers sounded a little low for that choke and gun.

Hardtime_NC

Not to make you mad, but just fyi I would  think you could get a lot better.  We are getting fairly close to those numbers out of some 20 gauges.
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

hookedspur

you might want to try a choke thats a little tighter it you want ,but if you are satisfied with it go hunting it WILL get the job done  :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

talltines

Yeah I thought it may be a little low to.  I wonder if my short barrel could be the reason?  Anyone shoot a 20 inch barrel????

VAHUNTER

Quote from: talltines on March 13, 2011, 10:05:18 AM
Yeah I thought it may be a little low to.  I wonder if my short barrel could be the reason?  Anyone shoot a 20 inch barrel????
i have seen some fantastic #'s from the 20" and even 18" barrels.
you may need to play with it a little to find the choke that it likes. the .670 seems to be the choke of choice in almost all 835's
Good things come to those who wait

Gobble!

Give indan creek a call and see if they will help you out.

archery1

that will kill for sure.
Take a kid hunting

talltines

Does Indian Creek make a 670 constriction for an 835?

doepee

With that short of a barrel you might try a .665 E.D. just for the heck of it.!