OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

In need of a new box call

Started by Hootin-N-Hammer, February 17, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootin-N-Hammer

I need a new box call for this year and wanted to know what y'all would recommend. I'm willing to pay a little more for a good reliable call but would like to keep it under $100. Thanks in advance!

scoot12

Billy White hustlin hen box or S S custom calls makes a field grade box thats really good.  Scoot

drum817

ANY of the SS Field grade calls would be a GREAT choice....and they won't break the bank!!!

http://www.sscustomcalls.com/customcalls.html
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

MikeStaten

I've got a mahogany and maple field grade box by SS Custom Calls and it is pretty sweet.  Al is a nice guy to deal with too.  For the money, probably tough to beat it.

BluMtnGobbler

I would highly recommend SS calls I have a field grade yellowheart over mahogany,one sweet call and those guys are fantastic people! Or Austin Hornberger @ hornbergercustom calls.
BRIAN

Cut*N*Run

eddie234

I've got the ss field grade butternut and cherry, quality made call at a nice price.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ky turkey hunter

SS is hard to beat for under 100.

letinmfly

Get one of Al's zebrawood over mahogany field call!!  You won't be sorry!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

stone road turkey calls

Check with mike @ Spring Creek Turkey Calls he has some great box call at a good price.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

R.W. Mackey

A $100 bill will get you one of Al's custom short box. Get it made like you want with the woods you want. Nothing beats a custom, doesn't sound any better than the field grade, but just having something made especially for you gives you great pride in ownership.
  Besides life is to short not to go first class. You didn't take an Ugly girl to the dance, Did You. I have
Four of Al's box's and another on order, you just can't get enough of a good thing.

Roy

Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Barngeatbayman

My buddy Jode Hillman makes an awful nice box call for under 100 it's purty too

http://www.hillmandecoys.com/id36.html

strutnrut

Cut*N*Run

If you don't care about it being handmade, you could just buy one of these Brookside calls on the cheap and spray some lacquer on it:

http://brooksidegamecalls.com/boxcallkits.aspx

They sound fine. A ton of guys on this site have one of these box calls- I think most without realizing it, but that's another story.

My first recommendation would still be the SS calls- they're well within your price range and handmade. Just thought I'd throw out the brookside option if you really want to save some money.

nyhunter

I have 3 box calls from spring creek turkeys calls and all 3 are awesome sounding there around $35.00 for the short box. you can PM on here or call him.
Cell 269-223-3621
home,269-963-1058