turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tactical tatr vests

Started by fountain2, February 16, 2014, 08:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

OK..for those that have them or have had them on..which model do you like best?  I'm guessing most are using the t.t.2.  I've looked on cabelas site after hearing so much about them now but its hard to tell about them from their pics.  Very tempted to give one a go

drum817

Tried on a friends TT 2 last week ....I've hunted a Super Elite III for the past 6-7 years and probably this year too....I WILL buy a TT 2 ASAP!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TN Beard Buster

I have the original tatr. I love it. The flip down- flip up seat is awesome. Plenty of pockets and very comfortable with the spine pad. Just my .02 worth.

CASH

I have the original. Don't use the seat, I tote a lounger.

My favorite feature is the horizontal pocket on the lower back. It's great for a small first aid/survival kit, 2 extra water bottles, a turkey tote, and some snacks.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

MouthCaller

Just watched some videos on cabelas about them and they look sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

MouthCaller

Quote from: drum817 on February 16, 2014, 10:03:40 PM
Tried on a friends TT 2 last week ....I've hunted a Super Elite III for the past 6-7 years and probably this year too....I WILL buy a TT 2 ASAP!!!
What are the differences between the two? I found a se3 vest online ibn my size for $30. The tt2 is $120

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

WildSpur

I have the tactical tat'r.  I never tried the 2 and have not seen it in person.

What I like about the one I have:  removable game pouch (I wash mine after every successful hunt),  the back pocket with bungee like mentioned,  and the side adjustments for better fit (not sure if the newer model has this).

What I like about the newer version:  gps pocket,  water bottle pocket, airflow channels (the original foam can get hot) and a speed seat.

To compromise I will be trying to Jerry rig a water bottle pocket to my side adjustment straps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

olejake

Quote from: fountain2 on February 16, 2014, 08:45:48 PM
OK..for those that have them or have had them on..which model do you like best?  I'm guessing most are using the t.t.2.  I've looked on cabelas site after hearing so much about them now but its hard to tell about them from their pics.  Very tempted to give one a go

I ordered both from Cabela's since, like you, hard to tell from pics..was gonna give the III to my Dad, but didnt like it...returned it and kept the II...much better quality in my opinion

eddie234

They are on sale for 90.00. I just ordered one the other day. Tt2

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

silvestris

Bought a 2 yesterday in store.  $119 less 20 % discount less $10 text message discount.  $88 inc. tax.  Would change 1 or 2 things, but overall, good vest.  Now I have to find where I stored my stuff.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

olejake

Quote from: silvestris on March 26, 2014, 02:06:31 PM
Bought a 2 yesterday in store.  $119 less 20 % discount less $10 text message discount.  $88 inc. tax.  Would change 1 or 2 things, but overall, good vest.  Now I have to find where I stored my stuff.
Most comfortable seat on the market...that's a good deal...may I ask which store?  Gonna get another one for my Dad..he wants one to use for deer hunting this fall..at his age his knees hurt and  pains to climb a ladderstand

Gooserbat

Best Vest I've found.  No it's not perfect but it's close, but like I said it's the best I've found and if I needed a new vest I would buy it again.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tnturkey

renegade19

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on February 16, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
I have the original tatr. I love it. The flip down- flip up seat is awesome. Plenty of pockets and very comfortable with the spine pad. Just my .02 worth.

Me too

Gobble!

I used the 2 for a season and out of the 5 vests I have had it was my favorite. Just wish they had bottomland camo though.