turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bucklick creek turkey lounger...?

Started by DirtNap647, February 15, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

wanted to start a new thread I see the cabelas tactical tater vest gets alot of favorite votes....is the tactical tater vest like the bucklick creek turkey lounger vest or does anyone have any feedback on the bucklick vest

Tail Feathers

I love my BassPro branded version of the Bucklick Creek.
Had the original, this one is good too.
I've tried others, not the tactical tater, but I haven't found one I like anywhere near as good.
I also use a Gobbler Lounger quite a bit, I just put the vest beside me and relax.
It is a bit heavier than some, (not a lot) but it works so well I deal with that.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

YELPA

jhcats10

I just bought the Bucklick creek so I haven't taken it out yet but I believe it will be very nice just from sitting around in the house

Chuck1443

captpete

I have used one for 8-9 yrs. The only other vest I have used is a cheap Walmart special that used for 2-3 before getting the Bucklick Creek vest. The pad is the seat of my Bucklick vest is pretty much non-existent. I carry a 2" pad with me and very seldom use the pad attached to the vest. The longer part of the vest is nice, especially when you can't find a good tree to lean against, but it does have a tendancy to make my legs go to "sleep" after about 1/2 hr. Then I'm moving around trying to get comfy again....movement not good when turkey hunting. It has several(4?) big zippered pockets with mesh dividers and loops for shells/strikers to hold your stuff. Over all it's good a vest. Like I said my vest is 8-9 maybe 10 yrs old.....I'm guessing the design has changed some and possibly a completely different vest than mine.

Shellwaster

I had the original bucklick creek vest and used it for 8-9 seasons as well before I bought my limbhanger. I loved the self supporting seat. But the pockets didn't provide me with enough storage as I accumulated more calls. Also trying to run and gun with this vest sometimes became difficult as I would often have to take the vest off in order to fold the bottom seat section back up to Velcro it to be back and I would often get a muddy back because the bottom of the seat folds up and is exposed to your back.

With that said I passed mine down to a buddy that I got hooked and he loves it, especially since it didn't cost him a dime.

doublebarrel

I love mine. I hunt a lot of fields that don't have anything to lean on. Comes in very handy. Even when in the woods I can tuck myself up into thick cover when there isn't any trees to set against

Chuck1443

Quote from: doublebarrel on February 16, 2014, 04:53:14 PM
I love mine. I hunt a lot of fields that don't have anything to lean on. Comes in very handy. Even when in the woods I can tuck myself up into thick cover when there isn't any trees to set against
X2

rutnstrut

I bought one before season last year after I had seen my buddies. So far I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

I used one for several years.  It was nice, except I wish I had waited for the high back version.  The older one bit into my ribs after a while.

budtripp

I've debated getting a bucklick creek for a while now but have heard negative reviews about their durability since bass pro started making them. Anyone with a newer turkey lounger had any issues?

Crang

Definitely would like to see a review. Seriously looking at getting one. The price is right.....

DirtNap647

the price seems right just not sure about weight, heat, durability