turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeards 3.5 6s rem 870

Started by slave601, February 13, 2014, 03:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Would that explain why the 4 shot patterns are not near as impressive in comparison to other loads and the 6 shot patterns are close to hevi 7  ?

SumToy

I will test a few in the warm temps to see. Plus this gun is local so we can keep an eye on it also.  I got a idea that the resin is brittle in the colder temps and brakes up more.  Plus if it is any of it traveling to the target as light as it is the wind today would have played into the patterns also.     
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

pinebark

Dave, funny u posted this. I have three boxes of these being shipped to the house with a ventilator choke. Got me a new 870 and I'm looking for a good set up. Gonna try that combo when I get in and through a Ssx

Xcal1ber

Quote from: owlhoot on February 13, 2014, 11:14:41 PM
Would that explain why the 4 shot patterns are not near as impressive in comparison to other loads and the 6 shot patterns are close to hevi 7  ?

I thought the 4 shot patterns out of the Long Beards was pretty awesome compared to other 4 shot lead turkey loads I've seen. Some people was getting around 150 with them.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

owlhoot

You are correct Xcal, they are pretty awesome.  If not resin adding holes.
They seem to be 20-30 above what most have got in the ten in the past. I have got in the 135 range with multiple guns through the years with the federal grand slam. An X2 and a few 835-935 stardots.
no polished barrels , most dirty and cleaning between shots was not done then. Temperature was north Missouri March and early April. Real glad to see they are 4's.
Now the 6's ?  They have shot around 100 above any lead load prior in many post.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 13, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
See and the $24 Ventilator beat the $40 Jelly Head.  I had no doubt it would.

They are two different constrictions not a valid comparison

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: RemingtonRules on February 14, 2014, 10:26:48 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 13, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
See and the $24 Ventilator beat the $40 Jelly Head.  I had no doubt it would.

They are two different constrictions not a valid comparison

I was talking about the results dollar for dollar. 

And again I will bet money the Ventilator will kick most chokes butts out there for the money shooting dang near any load from 5's on up. 

WildSpur

Is the ventilator only offered in a .655?  I am not familiar with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

owlhoot

Believe so on the .655.
It is not to popular now,  but it works good.
Think i got mine in the early 90's ?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: WildSpur on February 15, 2014, 09:10:12 AM
Is the ventilator only offered in a .655?  I am not familiar with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep. 

Give one a try.

Shoot Hevi-13 #7's or 6's  or even lead 6's and you shall see what I mean. 

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The Ventilator was a turkey choke marketed by Remington "several" years ago.  It was only made in .655 and only made in RemChoke.  Remington no longer markets the choke, and most people weren't even aware it existed until Remington had already dropped it from their product catalog.  Evidently they were manufactured in the thousands, as new ones can still be found for sale in a few places.  I have one and I like it for the money.

owlhoot

Years ago with the first of the Supermags and this choke the lead 5 and 4's it was slinging with 3 1/2" killed every turkey that got in its way, in the fields and the pastures distances to 40.
It did ventilate some turkeys :fud: :OGani:
Just whisper the name and the Toms , well they shutter. :toothy12:
With the new loads , i need to get mine running again. :z-twocents: