turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Bottomland

Started by Candyman, February 12, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Which looks better in the woods, original bottomland or new bottomland?

FullChoke

I think that the new Bottomland looks better in the woods. As much as I loved the original year ago, it really is just one step up from a cartoon. It still works, but I think the new pattern more closely mimics tree bark.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

paboxcall

:agreed:

I think the new version of this pattern is much more versatile, and works both spring and fall.  I have both, wear both, but primarily hunt in the new version. 
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

savduck

New bottomland in cotton fabric. You get it in the breathable stuff its totally different
Georgia Boy

DBLGBL

New Bottomland is my favorite pattern.

I wish they would bring back the old Shaddow Leaf in a new version. I think if they did this, it would be great for the spring woods!

Rokhal07

Quote from: DBLGBL on February 13, 2014, 08:43:10 AM

I wish they would bring back the old Shaddow Leaf in a new version. I think if they did this, it would be great for the spring woods!
I agree w this 100%. Love that shadow leaf pattern and would be even better updated

MKMGOBL

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

CASH

Quote from: DBLGBL on February 13, 2014, 08:43:10 AM

I wish they would bring back a lot of the old patterns. Both MO and Realtree
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

reynolds243

I like the new better overall. On clothes i think the old looks good but I don't really like it on guns. Its almost like a cartoon tiger stripe to me on guns. just my opinion though

the Ward

X2 Definitely  like the new style better, especially on guns.

RemingtonRules

I look pretty in either one, but the original greenleaf really brings out my eyes.

WV Ridge Reaper

I like both but the new looks more realistic.

I wish they would make more items in the new..If anyone knows of places or companies please post up.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Gobble!

Gooserbat

I'll disagree.  The old worked better for my eyes.  The reason I say this is a couple of years back my boy was wearing my old pair of bottomland pants from like 20 years and 80 lbs ago, and a new bottomland shirt, and from every distance 10 yards and farther the old pattern would do a better job than the new.  I had him walk around and stop in different positions at different distances several times and I would watch him just to verify this and each time the old blended better than the new.  Now I think the new looks better to the eyes but not in nature.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.