turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunglasses - non reflective?

Started by Crang, February 11, 2014, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crang

Wondering what kind of shades you all are wearing while turkey hunting? Seen some posts recently where folks thought the glare off their scope might have spooked them. In S.Texas where I hunt, sunglasses aren't really optional- definitely a must have. Its bothered me for years that I take the time to get all camo'ed out and my green mirrored fishing lenses probably glare like anything. To be fair I havent ever noticed them spook a bird though. Still, wondering if there are some non-reflective flat type lenses savvy hunters know about? Looked at Cabelas and didnt see anything. I am sure a pair of cheap black lenses would be an improvement anyway......

Skeeterbait

I carry a pair of AES Mossy Oak Sniper camo sunglasses in my vest and use them only when I have to.  They're polarized and comfortable but cheap.  Not something I would wear every day.

kevin2

I bought a pair of camo lenses, polorized, non glare years ago at Cabelas, but it was hard to see out of them to be honest. I know if you do a search on the web that there is still a manufacturer of such a sunglass. Not sure how good that particular one is in comparison to the ones I got at Cabelas, but they are cheaper.

Here they are, they got purchased by a new company it appears...

camovision is now CV Sunglasses...

http://cvsunglasses.com/bui.html

I love this youtube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLHBejwclAo
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

cuppednlocked

I use a pair of SeaStriker sunglasses.  I can't recall the style but they are <$20 at most stores and do not have mirrored lenses.  I always wear a hat and try to set up in some kind of shade so the glare factor isn't normally a problem.

Crang

Those CV ones are pretty slick- and they have Brush and Max-1 (my 2 favorite patterns in the brush and cactus patches I hunt)! Too bad they are hard to see through- my eye sight is bad enough without handicapping it worse. hmmm

allaboutshooting

I have not seen any sunglasses that are truly non-reflective. As has been said already, the best thing to do is always try to be in the shade. If that's not totally possible you can pull the brim of your cap down low to provide shade.

I'll just mention something that an eye doctor told me years ago about sun glasses. He said  never to wear those that just darken your vision. They can cause your pupils to open wider than normal, because they are dark, and allow more harmful rays to enter your eyes than if you were not wearing sunglasses. I'd never thought of that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

callwinner11