turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite hunting chair

Started by bcknuts, February 11, 2014, 12:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcknuts

This my have all ready been posted.But I'm looking for a good strong chair for this season.Hard to find a chair for a big man 250 lbs.One that has been tested with time. Thank you

Kevin
Kevin

bbcoach

Check out the Alps Mountaineering Turkey Chair.  http://www.acadianaoutfitters.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1  I have one and they are a solidly built chair capable of holding 300 lbs.  They have two width models (19 and 21").  They are around $35 at Acadiana Outfitters and Overstock.com.
Be aware, they are comfortable so you may spend some time dozing off in it.  I know this first hand.

kevin2

I like this because you can hook it to your belt & then it has 4 different heights that you can change out in seconds. Very comfy too.

http://www.nifftseat.com/

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bigbird

RutnNStrutn

old3toe

I use one similar to the gobbler lounger. I got it online for 25.00 Free shipping. Its held up great.I've had it a year and a half or so. I'm A bigger guy and weigh 240 and have lots of room and its sooo comfortable. Sometimes i sit in it with my vest on with cushion down then slip my arms out of my vest allowing me to twist and move a lot easier. Its like sittin in a mini recliner. Some guys put a sling and hook attachmends with securing strap for faster deploymen.I just carry it in the included pouch. I've used it for turkey, deer, and predators. Everyone should have atleast one of these!!

Gobblerjim

Gobbler lounger. I hunt with a fella that's 6'3" 270lbs.

TURKEYWHACKER

Gobbler Lounger for me too. I'm over 250lbs (barely now) and have had no issues with mine what so ever. Sure does allow you to sit in comfort while waiting out an old gobbler.  :z-twocents:

Deputy 14

I have the basspro version of the gobbler lounger. Nice seat but I don't use it much. To hard to set in on the side of a vertical mountain.

BowBendr

I use the Bass Pro/Redhead version of the gobbler lounger too. I'm 6'2" and dress out about 250 and have no issues. It's a great chair, love it !  :icon_thumright:

mwr

Quote from: bbcoach on February 11, 2014, 01:22:54 PM
Check out the Alps Mountaineering Turkey Chair.  http://www.acadianaoutfitters.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1  I have one and they are a solidly built chair capable of holding 300 lbs.  They have two width models (19 and 21").  They are around $35 at Acadiana Outfitters and Overstock.com.
Be aware, they are comfortable so you may spend some time dozing off in it.  I know this first hand.
I have the wide one,four of my buddies have bought one also...very comfortable!!! :icon_thumright:

bcknuts

Thanks guy's for your help.  Kevin
Kevin

ElkTurkMan

Another vote here for the  Cabela's gobbler lounger

Swampwise

Check out the HuntPac from Cornell Hunting Products. A little pricey, but negates the need for a vest, as it also holds everything I need. BTW, I am 250lbs also, and have never had a problem with my HuntPac, other than it causes me to lose consciousness sometimes.     :toothy9:
I have the BFOTP!