turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fogged-Up Glasses?

Started by GobbleNut, February 10, 2014, 09:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

30_06

Cat Crap is the best I have found, and it doesn't work all the time. Dawn dish soap rubbed on the lenses then buffed when dried works ok as well. I'm thinking lasik is the way to go.

jblackburn

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on February 10, 2014, 06:44:12 PM
I've been wearing glasses for 40 years. I used to race motocross and had problems with them fogging up under my goggles. I bought an anti-fog cloth from a motorcycle dealer and I wipe them with it and it seems to work. I also wear my mask under my nose with black face paint under my eyes to cut glare. This doesn't work 100% of the time, but better than most. My prescription is too strong for Lasik and I have trouble with contacts due to my stigmatism.

have you tried the acuvue oasis for astigmatism?  That's what I wear now and I have very little trouble with them.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Quote from: 30_06 on February 10, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Cat Crap is the best I have found, and it doesn't work all the time. Dawn dish soap rubbed on the lenses then buffed when dried works ok as well. I'm thinking lasik is the way to go.

cat crap?  I'm going to assume that is a product!  But, the thought of someone following a cat to a litter box is entertaining . . .

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Woodsman4God

I am gonna try the bunkerhead mostly likely myself, although Ihad the same thoughs on a primos 1/2 mask I was just planning on cutting out the part that goes below the nose.

callwinner11

shaving cream works as good as anything

Flydown

CT Spur Collector

Quote from: jblackburn on February 10, 2014, 12:49:24 PM
I never found anything that worked great.  The anti-fog wipes are ok, I had some that came with a scope I bought.

I switched over to contacts and it is so much nicer!!

Yep, this is what I did. Works great id you can do it.

30_06

Quote from: jblackburn on February 11, 2014, 12:57:21 AM

cat crap?  I'm going to assume that is a product!  But, the thought of someone following a cat to a litter box is entertaining . . .

Yes it is a product  ;D but I found your interpretation amusing!
http://www.rei.com/product/623337/ek-ekcessories-cat-crap-anti-fog-lens-cleaner

jblackburn

Quote from: 30_06 on February 11, 2014, 07:46:08 PM
Quote from: jblackburn on February 11, 2014, 12:57:21 AM

Yes it is a product  ;D but I found your interpretation amusing!
http://www.rei.com/product/623337/ek-ekcessories-cat-crap-anti-fog-lens-cleaner

Well, how about that!  Love the product description "holds enough cat crap for multiple uses"  :)

www.gooserbatcalls.com

BowBendr

I'm not a canidate for lasik surgery and my dr said that contacts are also a no-go. For the last few years i've used the primos stretch fit 1/2 mask like drum817 mentioned. Just gotta breathe thru the mouth hole and keep remembering to breathe thru the mouth hole.........

Stickbow98

Try "Parker's Perfect" anti-fog glass cleaner. Been using it for years....works really well.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

THattaway

My 74 year old Dad just made his own masks from an olive colored heavy open mesh to resolve this same problem he always had. Works for him just fine, turkeys don't mind it either.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

bamagtrdude

I tried the Rain-X anti-fog on bino's this past deer season with pretty good results; but, you do have to re-apply from time to time.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

FloppinTom

If you know a surgeon, OR nurse or surgical technologist there is an anti fog coating for on surgical scopes. It keeps scope from fogging in warm abdominal cavity when going from cold OR into warm cavity. Its the stuff! If you get your gall bladder or appendix removed tell Doc you need a bottle for the road.   :newmascot:
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

Turkey Trot

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter