OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crazy..

Started by tomstopper, February 09, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 09, 2014, 01:15:27 PMIf I were a film crew I would destroy that footage on the spot that's embarrassing
:agreed:

old goat

Take his gun away !   :character0029:

surehuntsalot

pitiful,pitiful,pitiful
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

longspur

I called one in for a 9yo friend and he shot about 20 yds. The bird started running in circles and he had to shoot again. The first shot busted up one of his legs. That one didn't look crippled and my friends bird ran in much tighter circles.

danny

drum817

Just sent Mossy Oak this message....   "There is video on the Mossy Oak YouTube page that, in my opinion, needs to be taken down!!!  I'm an avid turkey hunter and member of the NWTF.  Although I realize that mistakes do happen in our sport I do not think this video is funny.  I think to put this on the internet is in very poor taste.  This video was posted to a hunting forum I belong to and all the members who posted on it felt the same way.  To whoever runs this channel please consider how this video looks to some non-hunters and ask yourself does this video present our great sport in a positive light???  Here is a link.."
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: drum817 on February 09, 2014, 10:40:06 PM
Just sent Mossy Oak this message....   "There is video on the Mossy Oak YouTube page that, in my opinion, needs to be taken down!!! ....."

Thanks for doing that.  Let us know if you get a response.

Gooserbat

Crucify him if you want, but I had a similar thing happen to me once.  howbeit didn't start at at 10 yards. 

I called in two birds and then I missed a one of them at 30-35, it happens, I got a what I thought was a decent second shot as he ran for cover, missed that time t0o.  Then I noticed the other bird was headed straight toward me at 15 yards so with the last shell I knocked him down only to watch him get up and stagger around.  I then dug out a 4th shell loaded the 870 and aimed.  Just as I pulled the trigger he stumbled and fell.  At 15 yards my grapefruit sized pattern went high, then he got back up and began the drunk stagger routine again.  I had to get shell #5 and this time I made it count.  Just glad it wasn't heavy shot ($$$).
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 10, 2014, 11:20:02 AM
...  At 15 yards my grapefruit sized pattern went high, then he got back up and began the drunk stagger routine again.  I had to get shell #5 and this time I made it count.  Just glad it wasn't heavy shot ($$$).

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot more often with today's tight shooting chokes and loads.  I'll admit to it happening to me, too.  I no longer like taking followup shots unless he's out 30 yards or farther.

fallhnt

I wouldn't tell or show that in public. The worst one I saw was aired on a hunting show. 3 guys 2 are camera men. Shooter wakes up and shoots a gobbler and then runs after it without his single shot  shotgun. Comes back latter with the bird by the neck,throws it down and goes into a 20 min. hero speach for the camera. Bird gets up and runs off and is not recovered. They said the shooter went to town and bought a semi auto. :TrainWreck1:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

CT Spur Collector

Sad.....very disrespectful to the critter. I'm sorry I watched it.

redarrow

We all make mistakes.Sooner or later we miss.that is not a crime. The crime is treating the footage like it was from funniest home videos or something.Nothing funny about it.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: redarrow on February 18, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
We all make mistakes.Sooner or later we miss.that is not a crime. The crime is treating the footage like it was from funniest home videos or something.Nothing funny about it.
x-2... SHuuuuuuutuff happens. Definitely not funny!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

THattaway

Quote from: redarrow on February 18, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
This ^
You hunt long enough you are gonna miss ....or cripple one. 
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

GobbleNut

Quote from: drum817 on February 09, 2014, 10:40:06 PM
Just sent Mossy Oak this message....   "There is video on the Mossy Oak YouTube page that, in my opinion, needs to be taken down!!!  I'm an avid turkey hunter and member of the NWTF.  Although I realize that mistakes do happen in our sport I do not think this video is funny.  I think to put this on the internet is in very poor taste.  This video was posted to a hunting forum I belong to and all the members who posted on it felt the same way.  To whoever runs this channel please consider how this video looks to some non-hunters and ask yourself does this video present our great sport in a positive light???  Here is a link.."

Right on, Drum!  Well done!