OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Man im ready to do this......

Started by DMP, March 12, 2011, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Went scouting this morning and heard one on the roost.  Bird only gobbled one time.  Brother was on another part of the property and heard 3.  :you_rock:  Went and walked around and found some good sign in the woods.

We picked up another track this year that borders a farm which gives us land on two sides of them now and we checked it out today and man they were everywhere.  Wish I had the binocs with me today.  I was coming up a hill when I hear a he start cutting real hard on the other side of it.  I snook up to the top to look into the field and WOW :o  I saw 20 or more birds and 3 fans walking around. I sat down and flagged my brother to tell him to get up to the top with me to take a look.  He stood up by a tree to look and said that he was 5 fans.  I stood up to see again and there were fans everywhere.  They were fighting and carrying on.  Couldn't get a good count on how many toms were there.  Fans keep poping up and down which made it hard to count and keep up with each one.   :you_rock:  Only draw back is the farmer turkey hunts but hopefully those birds will break up and not spend all day on his place. 

BowBendr

Ya' killin' me my brother.....28 days to go................. :begging: :begging: :begging:

Duke0002

Chorus Frogs are chirping here today!   Things are beginning to happen!

derek

Got to shoot some paper yesterday. 

In a 10" @ 40, 835 .675 Indian Creek Hevi13.

188 hits with 2 1/4oz 6s
249 hits with 2 1/4oz 7s
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

DMP

Went out this morning to listen at one of our places and had one gobbling good.  Tried to get closer to pin point him but some hens were between us so I pulled out.  Its 80 here today and im getting turkey fever bad... :help:

BowBendr

It got up to about 85 or so here today, should be nice in the morning. It will be my 1st actual day of getting out in the woods and hearing one gobble !

I am pumped...3 more weeks.  :gobble:

Duke0002

Went to the Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo in Columbus today.  Picked up a few things, looked at a ton of things.  Great time with Duke Jr.

I'm ready....

DMP

Brother and I went and listened again this morning and things are heating up.  I went to a golf course that my dad runs.  Dad had said he has been seeing some birds again so I went to check it out this morning and there was one gobbling his head off this morning.  Bird wouldn't shut up. 

Brother went to the club and heard 3 going strong as well. 

13 more days and its on........ :z-guntootsmiley:

pappy

Man...All this poisting is gettnig me pumped....I hope when we go to the grocery store this weekend, I don't carry my 20 gauge in and blast those Butterballs...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

MDbowman

Was just sitting here reading OG and I heard my dog barking in her kennel. The kennel is on the edge of the woods overlooking a valley. I looked and she was staring down in the valley so I went on the deck and watched. I could hear walking and soon saw a turkey. Turned out to be 3 hens. Haven't seen any sign of birds since last fall so I am happy to see a few. It has only been the last couple years that we have had them around the house.